2.5*

28.00 Rejected -had a winning bid at this amount before

3*

35.00 Rejected

3*72 hrs later

38.00 Rejected

dropped to 2.5* and up my 2.5* bid

35.00 Rejected

I'm in my next 72hr wait, thinking of going back up to 3* even if 2.5 works for me. OH, I should see if there is a big conference in town. I know I'm bidding because I'm attending a seminar at Westin DTW but did not want to have to pay the 70-80 bucks it would take to get a priceline room. Now that bids are climbing, I might just try the 4*, I know I would jump up to 4*, if I can't get a winning bid at 50.00 for a 3*. Perish that thought, I mean I was just there staying 3 weeks ago, for 28.00 2.5*. BUT heck, still better than prices direct, so I"m thankful.

yes, another ramble :)

Cheryl

• 3 weeks later...

I took your advice and bid 33 on a 2.5*. I was rejected :)

Im almost ready to book the comfort in thru Expedia. they have a special rate of 75$ that includes up to 8 days of parking. We normally pay 7 bucks to park a day and we'll be gone a week. I was going to ask my friend to pick up my car so we wont have to pay, but I dont want to bug her, soooo, this might be the better option. Spouse and i would have to sleep in double bed though.

Happy Travelling, Randi

Not a priceline suggestion post but thought thereuare will allow us a little leeway. <G>

Have you considered La Quinta Inn ?

http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyPr...hotel-amenities

It has had good reviews,,, and Side Step is listing it at 62. something plus taxes. It has free parking and you can cancel up to 6:00 pm so this way you would have a back up place if you decided to keep trying priceline. It list shuttle to airport too, But I would call direct as some are charging per person, so ask for details on their park and fly.

I priced out the Westin as we have taken Northwest Airlines and stayed there with their park and fly at very resonable rates... (it is connected to NW termial) BUT it was 209 a night,, yikes.. not our kind of booking rate!

Good luck with whatever you decided. And enjoy your trip.

Cheryl

ps,, you might want to consider one more go at the 2.5 star and you might get the Garden Hilton 42 bucks,, they have free shuttle and I believe the parking is free.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]