Priceline Hotel: When to accept Priceline's free re-bid offer?

jfl
By jfl,
in

I used the PRICELINE link to look for a hotel in Atlanta 8/29-8/31. I bid $55 for a 4* in Perimeter and was rejected, but given the chance to re-bid at $78. I've rejected this before and have seen others do the same and then go on and get a hotel for a lower price. How do you make the decision?

I've already booked a cancellable room at the Comfort Suites by the airport as a backup since I have a flight on Friday. Their average for the 2 days is $75.60 per day using AAA.

Whether you should simply accept their counter-offer or try to undercut it depends upon how much higher the suggested price to bid is, how much time you have before your trip begins, how many re-bid zones you have, etc, etc.

For more on this subject see this See this Priceline Suggests How Much to Pay thread.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Good luck on your next round of bidding and let us know if/how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]