Hotwire Hotel: Help Identify 3.5* San Dieg Downtown - Harbor Island area hotel

Sota327
By Sota327,
in

Can you please help me identify this hotel on Hotiwre?

$109 night for 8/30-9/2 (search for 2 adults and 2 kids)

Amenities are as follows:

Indoor pool(s)

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Recommended: In 85% of Hotwire customer reviews.

3.5/5.0 on Tripadvisor

Looks like a match for the Sheraton Suites. If you think so too, is this the Sheraton Suites San Diego At Symphony Hall (it looks to have about 3.5/5.0 on Tripadvisor too) or some other Sheraton Suites?

thanks for helping.

I used HOTWIRE link on this forum for searches. Thans, again!

Just following up to close out this thread.

Our actual travel dates are 8/30-9/3. My back-up was the Embassy Suites La Jolla, which I originally booked for $189/ni for the first three nights; and possibly staying the last night at the Sheraton Hotel and Marina (travelzoo deal, was able to reserve a suite for $134/ni) because we have an early flight the next morning and its proximity to the airport (and free shuttle) were appealing. While the rates were highter than we usually spend for hotel rooms, this is kind of a special trip so I was prepared to splurge if I couldn't find a better alternative with Hotwire or Priceline. I should note, we need a room for 5 people, my husband and me, our two small children and our au pair. So the Embassy Suites (and the suite at the Sheraton for one night) works well for us because we get some privacy in the bedroom with the kids and the au pair can have her own sleeping space on the couch.

Anyways, just yesterday (8/23, 7 days before our arrival), I was checking rates against (I've often been able to get the same reservation at a lower rate as the arrival date approaches) and discovered that the rate at the Embassy Suites La Jolla dropped from $189/ni to $159/ni (and even lower to $139 for the first nigth of our stay). So, I quickly changed the reservation to take advantage of the new rate (for all four nights) and I think this is where we will stay and I won't have to worry about whether or not we get a room that comfortably accomodates all of us (I wasn't too concerned about getting enough beds because I had resigned myself to use Hotwire (versus Priceline) for this trip and I had been searching for 2 adults and 2 kids, so I knew I would get bedding for 4 and then I would just get a crib for the baby, I was simply more concerned about comfort and space). Its nice at the end of a long sightseeing day to be able to put kids to bed in a bedroom with a closed door and still be able to enjoy the rest of the evening in a separate space, which the Embassy Suites provides. Plus, when you factor in the free breakfast and the 2-hour manager's reception, I can totally justify these rates. So, that is our plan.

Used PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links for searches and bids.

p.s. found a great service called san diego travel baby on the web and was able to rent a stroller and childs areo bed that they will deliver to/and pick up from the hotel. This is the first time I've done anything like this, so I'm really excited about having less stuff to haul to the airport and check, so I hope this goes well. Kids require ALOT of stuff!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]