Priceline Hotel: 4* Minneapolis - St. Paul (Downtown Minneapolis) Hilton Minneapolis

FrazierGA
By FrazierGA,
in

I started with your PRICELINE link.

I began bidding for a 4 star downtown hotel about 5-6 weeks ago and would bid every 3-4 days until a week ago when I started bidding daily. I would start at $45 and, using rebid zones, bid up to $60. All my bids were rejected. I noticed that most of the winning bids that were in the low to mid $50's were bids that were made within a week of the dates requested, so I was not very concerned that my bids were being rejected. On August 12 I bid up to $60, and my bids were rejected. On August 13, I started at $50 and, using rebid zones and upping my bid in $2 increments, I bid up to $58; all bids were rejected. I then increased my bid by $1, and my bid of $59 was ACCEPTED.

I may have been able to save a little more money if I had waited a few more days, but I am happy with my success. I had hoped for the Radisson Plaza, since I had gotten that hotel on my two previous trips to Minneapolis (and was very pleased with it), but that hotel has not shown up as accepting a winning bid since my last visit.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]