Priceline Hotel: 3* Baltimore (Inner Harbor - Downtown) Wyndham

LotzOStuff
By LotzOStuff,
in

Sure, 4* would be nicer, but I think I should be content in 3*. Haven't used the services enough to know a big difference, so it's hard to say. Let's say I'd like to stay at this price or lower... We'll go from there.

Small chance my plans are changing, but could you give me a strategy anyway. Even if I don't use it, the learning experience will be worth it's weight in gold.

Thanks!

Well unfortunately you can't choose your hotel with the opaque services... i was trying to point out that you were using HOTWIRE as a 'fallback' and using that to determine your maximum priceline bid, but it now appears that you may not be happy with what that fallback hotel may actually be.

So does that change your perspective regarding star rating, maximum bid, etc?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

In that sense, I guess the Wyndham will do as a fall back... Is there a way to avoid bidding on this location in priceline though? I could go for two nights, and get the original hotel I mentioned it looks like. An option, but let's stick with one night, and say I would be cool with the Wyndham if that's where I ended up.

you are bidding for a property at a specified star level, so if you get the Wyndham, thats the chance you take in return for saving 50% or more on a room.

I stayed at the Wyndham about 6 years ago and it was a decent property in a good location for the Inner Harbor area, parking was pretty high and I'm sure rates have only gone up, they only had valet parking at the time.

Only way to avoid the Wyndham is to bid at a 4* level instead of at a 3* level where it has last been reported.

You have 5 re-bid zones when bidding 3* in Baltimore. If you're not sure of your re-bid zones please read RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED and feel free to ask any questions that you may have and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board.

Using HOTWIRE prices as a maximum price i would bid as follows:

Select 3* Inner Harbor...

Bid $43, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $46, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $69, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $62.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Looking May 12-13 still... Found the following and can't seem to match it up anywhere...

3.5* Downtown and Inner Harbor - See map

Selected amenities include: Boutique Hotel, Complimentary Breakfast, High-Speed Internet Access, Business Center. View complete amenity list and description

$73 per room

per night

• 2 months later...

My Strategy: (first timer :) )

$45 bid for 4* Inner Harbor - Downtown

$47 + Baltimore - Washington Airport

$49 + Carlyle - Cross Keys

$51 + Columbia - Jessup

$53 + Hunt Valley & Timonium

$55 + Mt. Vernon

$58 + Towson

$61 + Baltimore North - White Marsh

REJECTED

$43 bid for 3* Inner Harbor - Downtown

$45 + Baltimore North - White Marsh

$47 + Baltimore Southwest

$50 + Baltimore West

ACCEPTED

Inner Harbor Area - Downtown

101 West Fayette Street

Baltimore, Maryland 21201

410-752-1100

Your Offer Price: $50.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $50.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$13.79

Total Charges: $63.79

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]