Priceline Hotel: 3* Trenton-Princeton (Monmouth Junction) Chauncey

kapaa205
By kapaa205,
in

Based on "Biddingforhotel's" post for a weekend night, bid $40.00 and got the following:

Chauncey Conference Center

Date- 8/5/05

1 night

Price $40 Tax and fees $13

Total $53.00

Tried 4* up to $54 using free re-bids but no luck, was not expecting much but just thought I would give it a try.

Bid placed through Savingsbarn.com

Heading to Tuckerton, NJ the following day. Anyone know if Route 539 is a good way to go, would there be much traffic on a Saturday morning and anything interesting to see along the way. Thanks

this is the most direct route to get to Tuckerton, it is a two lane country road, I haven't travelled it in long time. Generally, on Saturday mornings, folks are headed to the Jersey Shore either to start a week's vacation or just for a day trip (these folks are called shoobies). Tuckerton is not exactly a beach destination, but nearby is Mystic Island and to the south is Brigantine and Atlantic City. So you might want to give yourself a little extra time to get to your destination. Or, you could call the State Police barracks in Tuckerton for advice:

Tuckerton Station

399 Main Street

West Creek, NJ 08092

(609) 296-3132

(609) 296-7080 (FAX)

Thanks "dahammer" for your information. I have been to Tuckerton before but have always went via the GSP from Northern NJ. This time decided to spend a day in Princeton and then on to Tuckerton. I have never went out to Mystic Island....is it a beach area or just the bay?. I usually go to LBI for the beach when we are there. Looking forward to going a new route to the shore and enjoying some different sights along the way.

I've never been to Mystic Island myself, we usually go to Ocean City, NJ or points south......In fact, its not even an Island, it on the mainland that is really part of Little Egg Harbor. The closest beaches to Tuckerton would probably be Brigantine (bring a fly swatter) and Atlantic City (bring lots of quarters for the slots). On Rt. 539, you might see some farm stands that gave NJ the moniker of "The Garden State", (it certainly wasn't Newark) :) You might be too late for blueberries, but the sweet corn is as good as it gets, and if you get a Jersey tomato :) , you will not want to go back to the variety that was harvested two weeks before it hit the supermarket's produce aisle.

Congratulations! You got the best rate at best hotel at NJ !!! But watch out the follow things:

1. You definitely going to get lost!!! be prepared! You have to get into the property and take the private route to finally reach the hotel ... have the cell phone handy and hotel phone ready. GPS won't help much.

2. It is near nothing, so if you got trapped to eat the dinner onsite, you are going to see $30 per person for dinner buffet, and $19 per person for buffet breakfast!!!

3. There is no overhang at entry, so if rainy day, you are going to get wet loading luggage ... but, you are lucky, 8-5-05 is sunny day ...

4. If you are lucky, you may hit the 2nd floor room which is MUCH BETTER than ground floor room, volumn ceiling and skylite windows... to name a few ...

biddingforhotel...thanks for all the tips on our visit to the hotel tonight. We will eat dinner off site and as we are not huge breakfast fans some fruit and a muffin should hold us over until lunch. I did print out some directions from the Priceline page when they named my hotel, they seem detailed but I will have phone and hotel number handy just in case. Looking forward to visiting this nice hotel. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]