CA Inland Empire Ontario Grand Inn and Suites Rancho Cucamonga

Sutter
By Sutter,
in

An acceptable 3-star hotel, but Priceline considered it a 3 1/2-star, which to us seemed a stretch. It is no nicer than the nearby aloft or Hyatt Place, both of which I believe are still considered 3-star. And this hotel used to be listed as 3-star. Why Pricleine "upgraded" it is beyond me (and made me suspicious of Priceline's rating criteria, so we opted for Hotwire for a later stay on the same trip). We had bid up to $70 hoping to get the Hilton Ontario Airport. I had stayed at the Ontario Grand Inn when it was a Hotel Indigo. The rooms have plenty of space, and parking and WiFi are free, but the other criteria supposedly differenting 3 and 3 1/2 star hotels seemed to be lacking. The free continental breakfast was very rudimentary (cereals, pastries, juices, coffee and waffles seemingly from a batter mix). I asked for a quiet room and got one in the back, and I did hear some occasional noise from the freeway (I-10) nearby, but perhaps others would not be bothered. No laundry (we drove 10 mins. to a strip mall to access the one recommended by the front desk). Our bed squeaked if one sat on it on one side and I reported this the first day. Receptionist said they'd have it checked. The next day I reported the problem again, and this receptonist said the maintenance worker was usually off Mondays and Tuesdays (huh??) but she'd try to get someone form another property (she did and they fixed the problem). Cable TV system was limited and CNN had no sound during our entire stay (I did keep reporting it). All in all, an acceptable stay and the hotel was not bad. It should, however, again be included among 3-star hotels in the area.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]