Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Millenium-Loop-Grant Park) Hilton Chicago

trippin tre
By trippin tre,
in

Hi I am a Priceline rookie, and would love any advice anyone could provide to me.

I would like to stay in the NMA area and I am hoping to pay under $80 a night, although cheaper if possible. I would also be willing to stay in the mag mile.

I tried a bid of $75 for a 4 star, and it was rejected, and then added 3 stars and lowered the bid to $70, also rejected.

Am I dreaming?

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

At the 4* level you have two re-bid zones avaiable, if you're not familiar with re-bidding please read PRICELNE RE-BIDDING and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board.

This is how i would bid:

8/10-8/14 (if you can't bid this because of your previously rejected bid and you're still inside 72 hours then just skip to the next set of dates)

Select 4* NMA-River North

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80.

If the above is rejected then you can try again immediately by trying the following dates, in this order:

8/10-8/13

8/10-8/12

I don't think you really have a shot until 8/10-8/12, and if successful, it'll be at your maximum bid.

Any questions feel free to ask and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't think you really have a shot until 8/10-8/12, and if successful, it'll be at your maximum bid.

Can you clarify what you mean by this?

Also, I am willing to go down to a 2.5*, but would hope to not pay more that 70$ a night for this.

Any further suggestions? Also, I should wait until my 72 hours are up (tomorrow) before I start re-bidding with the other zones, right?

Thanks a ton!

Tre

Can you clarify what you mean by this?

I don't think that you'll be successful at $80 or under for any dates that include the 12th and/or 13th. If you do have success for 8/10-8/12, i think it will be at/near your $80 maximum bid.

You can choose to wait until tomorrow so you can bid 'fresh', but as i mention above, i dont' think that you'll be successful including your original dates anyway, but you can wait if you'd like.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again.

I had not responded as we've changed the dates for our trip, and are now looking to go this coming weekend 8/17 - 8/21.

The most we could pay is $80/night, and are willing to take a 2.5* (hopefully paying less) but would love to be in a 4*! Low cost (and location) is the main factor for us.

We'd prefer the NMA region, but would be willing to go Millenium Park.

I know we only have time for one shot at bidding, but we have several options, right? (i.e. bid splitting, and free re-bids). Can you suggest a new bidding strategy?

Thanks so much.

Tracey

This is going to be a tough 4* bid, with some of the 4* hotels in the area showing sold-out for your stay.

You can begin by trying:

Select 4* NMA-River North

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80.

... but if/when that fails, i don't know if you prefer to split your bid or to lower your star rating for a complete stay.

Okay, so after rethinking the dates again, I got lucky on my FIFTEENTH bid, and now have the Chicago Hilton4* booked for Aug. 19-22 (3 nights) at $80 a night

We are quite happy with this as I was beginning to think I was SOL for cheapish accomodations for this weekend.

Here are my previous bids:

I started bidding on Aug. 19 - 23

1. $70 NMA 4*

2. $75 NMA 4* free rebid

3. $68 NMA 3*

4. $72 NMA 3* free rebid

5. $70 NMA 2.5*

6. $70 MPL, 4*

7. $75 MPL 4* free rebid

8. $82 NMA 4* free rebid

I then swiched to Aug. 19-22

9. $75 NMA 4*

10. $80 NMA 4* rebid

11. $85 NMA 4* rebid

12. $73 NMA 3*

13. $80 NMA 3* rebid

14. $80 NMA 2.5*

and then finally

15. $80 MPL 4* accepted.

I was pleased I did not have to bid higher and despite the less desirable location (to me) it seems to be alright and not very far from North Michigan Ave.

Thanks for your help! I can't wait to visit Chi-town! :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]