Hotwire Hotel: 3* Mobile (South - Tillmans Corner) La Quinta Inn and Suites

purplelotus
By purplelotus,
in

Won this hotel on 7/18. Used the HOTWIRE link. Total cost $77.03 but plan to get $15 rebate through Club Entertainment Coupon. LQ website price was in low $80's plus tax.

Amenities listed were pool, self-serve laundry, free parking, free breakfast, free internet, accessible bathroom and handicapped parking. Had 95% approval rating from HOTWIRE customers.

When we checked in, we got a handicapped executive king room. I guess we got the handicapped room since HOTWIRE mentioned that as an amenity because we don't need a handicapped room. Executive kings are an upgrade -- larger with a sofa -- so we weren't given an undesirable room due to the Hotwire purchase. I didn't like the location (first floor, next to vending) and asked if we could change rooms. She looked around and asked if I needed a handicapped room -- I said no -- but couldn't find another room so we kept it. We went out to eat, and when I came back, I picked up the phone to make a call. Neither phone in the room worked. Someone came down and checked them and agreed that the phones didn't work. They then found us a regular king room on the third floor which just had a chair. However, the room reeked of cleaning fluid, and the third floor has smoking rooms so the hallway reeked of smoke. We took it and aired it out a bit. The phones worked. The hotel had been struck by lightning a few days earlier, and the elevator was out, but they had someone (we didn't use her) available to carry luggage upstairs. Perhaps that is why the phones were out in the first room. Otherwise, the second room was comfortable, eg, fridge, nice bed, etc although the lighting was poor(attractive though). Interestingly, PRICELINE sells this hotel as a 2*, and my guess is it was on their express deals for about $2 cheaper. I'd probably give it a 2.5*. Nice breakfast and very nice server at breakfast.

Congratulations on your success!

While not a perfect stay, sounds like the hotel really tries and that overall it worked well for your needs.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Glad to see you enjoyed your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]