Priceline Hotel: Virginia Beach 3* - need suggestions for 7/27 - 7/29

mikeq
By mikeq,
in

I would like get a 3* or 3.5* as close as possible to the oceanfront (Virginia Beach Area). how much should I bid on priceline for this? Which is the best hotel I can get for <$150/night

Based on other posts, it looks like I might get the double tree that is about 8 blocks away from the beach for $95-$120. If I bid for $150 (hoping to get something better than double tree), Is there a chance that I might end up with Double Tree for $150? does that happen?

Based on other posts, it looks like I might get the double tree that is about 8 blocks away from the beach for $95-$120. If I bid for $150 (hoping to get something better than double tree), Is there a chance that I might end up with Double Tree for $150? does that happen?

Yes, you run the risk of getting the Doubletree. Do NOT bid higher trying to avoid the Doubletree.

I stayed at the Doubletree Virginia Beach this last Friday night (I posted my $95/ni win on this forum, see here: Priceline Virginia Beach), and found it to be a very nice hotel, despite its lack of proximity to the beach. And, while I didn't use it, they offer a shuttle service to the beach all day, I believe the last return from the beach was around 10:00 p.m. We stayed on the beach Thursday night (Hampton Inn Virginia Beach Oceanfront - South, using HH ponints) and moved to the Doubletree late Friday afternoon, before the storms hit. Because we got rained out on Friday, having been on the beach wouldn't have made any difference for this trip, I was traveling with 2 small children and we would have been stuck in the hotel, regardless of the location!

If you want to bid this area, even at any star level you run the risk of getting the Doubletree because PL can upgrade you to a 3*, even if you bid 2 or 2.5*. I think you have to be OK with the prospect of getting the Doubletree if you want to bid this area and I would bid accordingly, preparing for the worst (even though it isn't really so bad) and hoping for the best.

Welcome to Betterbidding.

If you bid in a particular zone you have to be willing to stay anywhere within that zone at the star rating chosen. If you bid higher in an attempt to avoid a property, you could very well still get it (you could get it if you bid over retail, even.)

Do you want to risk the Doubletree? If not, I would try HOTWIRE instead in an attempt to see if that service is offering an option nearer to the water.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

There is no way to bid for a particular property or for an oceanfront property. If you bid for a 3* in the Virginia Beach area zone (for example), you have to be willing to accept *any* 3* in the zone. If you are looking for an oceanfront property, I'd recommend going to HOTWIRE and looking for a listing with an oceanfront amenity.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 4 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]