Priceline Hotel: Vegas Trip 9/29-10/2

JAG
By JAG,
in

I am planning to use either Hotwire or Priceline to book a 4* hotel for 9/29-10/2. My question is one of honesty, really. On the first two nights we will have 4 per room. On the last night, we will lose two and have two to a room. If I indicate that we have 4 quests, the price in much higher than 2. One way we cheat ourselves, the other is possibly dishonest. Any insight? We want to stay in one hotel on the South strip. We really don't want to change locations mid-trip. Have you any idea of Hotwire/Priceline or the hotels policy on this one?

using hotwire, you can specify 4 guests. Priceline only will guarantee accomodations for 2. As such, you might get a room with one king bed and possibly a sofa bed, but maybe not. Some hotels will require room keys to get past security positioned near the elevators. Please list your maximum budget per night, since your stay straddles a weekend, it might be to your advantage to split your stay and get a lower priced accomodation for thursday night to offset the higher friday and saturday night stay. I would also recommend that you consider the Las Vegas Checker above as well as EasyClickTravel Travel Search above to score a good deal.

You have to do whatever you feel is right and justified.

Current Policies:

Priceline- guarantees double occupancy, after that it is at the discretion of the hotel... you could get a room with only one bed in it

Hotwire- guarantees enough sleeping accomodations for everyone that you included in your search (and they allow up to quad occupancy on searches)

Some people don't feel right having a third person in the room... while others feel it's "ok" to sneak in as many as you'd like since you've paid for the room.

My own opinion aside, i don't think that the Priceline risk of only one bed and no room for a roll-away in Vegas is too great... but you will likely end up paying extra for the 3rd and 4th guests in the room if you 'declare' them at check-in (and expect it to be about $15/pp per nite :) ).

Let us know how you decide you want to proceed, and your budget, and we'll try to help you find the best deal possible.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]