Priceline Hotel: 3* Detroit (Airport DTW) Doubletree

zoischa
By zoischa,
in

I've very new to this site but I've spent the last few days reading a ton of posts. I thought I was ready to try and bid on PL but apparently I'm not. I'm staying in Cleveland for a few days next week and decided to extend my stay by one day to drive up to the Ann Arbor area to look at a few houses in Belleville. I know absolutely nothing about the area so I searched for ann arbor on both PL and HW. Prices seemed high on HW ($64 in Ann Arbor for 2* and no amentiies listed, $123 in Ypsi for 3.5*). I didn't even know where to begin on PL. We don't really have any requirements but since I'll be traveling with my five year old a pool would be a nicety (but not a necessity). We are not set on Ann Arbor - just chose this since it's not far from Belleville and I know it's a nice area.

There are not a lot of hotels in the Ann Arbor area, which is why prices are generally a bit higher than elsewhere.

Ann Arbor is a great little town, although most of the Priceline/Hotwire participants are not centrally located on campus :)

If price is most important you may want to consider other, more rural, nearby areas... or the DTW Airport zone looks to be close to Belleville as well (although on the 'other side' of Belleville relative to Ann Arbor)

Let us know and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

When bidding 3* in Ypsilanti you have seven re-bid zones... always double-check the other zones to make sure they only contain hotels less than 3* (and not equal to... if you need help with this let us know).

This is how i would bid....

Select 3* Ypsilanti....

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $53, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $61, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $63, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I changed my mind and decided to go with Detroit (DTW). I decided to start with the 3* as I knew I'd be happy with the 2.5* if I had to go down. I started to bid $45 but then changed the bid when I realized that I should start lower if I could rebid at $45. So my first bid was $40 and it was accepted. I used two recent wins in the past week for 3* DTW of $48 and $45 as a guideline. Internet price on the hotel website is $129. Oh, and I remembered to go through savingsbarn.com. Thanks again for all your help. I would have gone through hotwire if it weren't for this site but even then I wouldn't have been unhappy. (HW had a 3* in DTW area for $61 for this night.) The best part is the Doubletree has a pool!!

Doubletree Hotel Detroit Metropolitan Airport

Your Offer Price: $40.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $40.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$12.68

Total Charges: $52.68

Should this "win" be posted elsewhere?

Congratulations on your win!

Glad to hear you were successful and are happy with the results.

You've posted correctly, i'll take care of editing the topic title to reflect the property you won.

Thank you for using the SB links to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay and good luck house hunting.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]