Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Charleston Ramada Charleston Downtown

purplelotus
By purplelotus,
in

Won this on first bid so probably overpaid. Am traveling so harder to find time to rebid. Total cost $127.54, and before I forget, I did use the PRICELINE link. This hotel has terrible reviews (old and rundown) so I am not looking forward to stay. Such is life. Generally Priceline comes through, but this time they didn't have a rating on this hotel when I bid so I should have suspected something was fishy. So that would be my advice -- don't bid on hotels that don't have ratings. I won't any more. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this because I haven't read it.

Very sorry to hear that the result is a definite disappointment! :(

Hopefully the property will turn out better than the reviews indicate - they are apparently renovating, and hopefully you will be able to get a renovated room. Thank you for letting us know about the change in star rating so that we can update the site's Priceline Hotel List.

When searching on PRICELINE, I see 2.5* under the retail listing for this property this evening.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Here's the poop on this hotel. It is old and rundown as the reviews say. The carpet was stained, the furniture was old and nicked white French provincial, and the inner curtains were torn and falling apart. The room had not been vacuumed properly, but otherwise was clean. The internet kept going in and out. On the upside, the staff was nice and helpful, and we were given a room on the 8th floor with a stunning view of the Kanawha River. The windows in the room are floor to ceiling and wall to wall. The beds are comfortable -- we were given 2 doubles. There are signs up saying they are renovating. The lobby looks new and nice, but I didn't see any evidence elsewhere. Parking is $6/day although one could park on the street and feed meters (only 50 cents/hr from 8-6). I'd have a hard time giving this hotel a 2.5* rating given its current condition, and worse yet, AAA gives it 3 diamonds.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]