Priceline Hotel: 3* Newark (Jersey City) Hyatt Regency on Hudson

dahammer
By dahammer,
in

Made my same day bid, accessed the PL website using savingsbarn.com, selected North Bergen and Bid up to $84 for a 3*, rejected. Lowered to 2.5* and bid $81, rejected. I then went to Hotwire and checked out Secaucus and Jersey City zones and it looked like the Hyatt was available for $101. I was surprised at the lack of availability in Secaucus, it appeared that the Wellsley Inn in Clifton was available for $76. I had nothing to loose, went back to Priceline, selected Jersey City and bid $81 for a 3*, and won!!

Your Offer Price: $81.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Taxes & Service Fees: $19.44

Total Charges: $100.44

I can't believe that this is available at this late date, but it is a good sign that things are loosening up at the Hyatt, a great hotel with a spectacular view of NYC. Definately worth it to pay $5.00 more for this hotel than the Wellsley Inn, Clifto :) Although the Hyatt will charge $15 for parking.... :)

how about that!! Secaucus-Meadowlands is full and Jersey City has rooms. Go figure :) Even the 2* Ramada Limited near Journal Square had rooms on Hotwire for $111. Since I started to use Hotwire two years ago, I have never seen such low room inventory in Secaucus- Meadowlands, an area with at least a thousand hotel rooms.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]