Priceline Hotel: 3* Winston Salem Marriott Winston Salem

purplelotus
By purplelotus,
in

Just won this hotel a few minutes ago on first bid of $55 which I thought was aggressive. Am VERY pleased. No free rebid zones and am traveling so I started a little higher than I normally would. Total cost $328.55. AAA rate is $179/nt. We're going to the International Juggling Association convention there which is being held in the convention center next door. Convention rate was $108/nt. Not sure that was still available. Priceline listed amenities as pool, free internet, restaurant, business center and fitness center with rating of 8+. Also showed 3* as best deal and median price in area of $143.

Congratulations on your success!

Looks like a very nice deal that should work out quite well for your needs.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay and the convention.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Maybe I clicked the wrong area, but this is just "Winston Salem", not "Winston Salem West". Please correct this. The hotel is located right in the center of town. Also, I did use the link but just forgot to mention it. Perhaps the format for posting could be changed, and you could add a line to say if one used the PRICELINE link. It's too easy too forget when writing up the post. I use this site frequently and get a lot of benefit from it.

• 3 weeks later...

Hotel is solid 3* -- nice room with 2 double beds, large window, free wifi, fridge,excellent business center, free coffee in the morning in the lobby, free newspaers, etc. We did have a number of problems during our stay, however. The main one was that our hot water didn't work. Since we didn't discover this until the next morning when we wanted to shower, we had brought up heaps of stuff to the room and did not want to change rooms. Staff was very pleasant and apologetic but poor in follow through. I had to contact the front desk 5 times to get it fixed, and it was not fixed until 7pm.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]