Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Detroit (Southfield) Residence Inn

zardoz
By zardoz,
in

Hi,

Am going back to Dearborn (fairlane center) on the 18th. Will be making this trip weekly this year (at least 3 nights a week with at least one of them being 2 in a row). Stayed at DTW doubletree last time at $45 (3) and it wasn't bad. Only 20 minutes from my destination.

Should I look closer to the date? I wouldn't mind Hampton Inn-type as all I am looking for is clean and preferably free internet. Are they 2.5?

Thanks!

Many of the hotels in this area seem to go for around the same price... regardless of star rating. There is one zone that you can use as a re-bid zone when bidding at 2.5* or above. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED and freel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zone before bidding.

This is how i would proceed:

Select 2.5* Dearborn...

Bid $40, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 3* Dearborn and re-bid zone...

Bid $45, if rejected lower to 2.5* and bid $43.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

We stayed Hilton Garden Inn before and the rate and the property can not be beat!! It is in the DTW area, which you said was about 20 minutes from where you are looking. I can recommend other properties in Canton, Plymouth as we stay in that area often too! (our kids go to college over on that side of the state) This same property web rate is 119.00. By far the best place we have stayed for 28.00 bid. I"m sure that will end at some point.

Cheryl

per web site

*** Enjoy complimentary high-speed internet access in every guest room and secure remote printing to the 24-hour business center.

PRICELINE HILTON GARDE INN win at DTW.

I'm sure theruare will advise but I have found that in the past, if I have firm plans on where I want to be and I've fully researched likely hotels and minimum historical bids for the time of year I usually bid straight away.

If you have LOADS of time before the date then bid on a weekly or fortnightly basis and keep reviewing other successful bids at the same time.

I bid for a new years Eve stay in SF the previous February and won!

I bid for the Hyatt in NJ for Nov in April, didn't win until about 2 weeks before!

How lon IS a piece of string?

got residence inn (2.5) at southfield for $38. Only 20 minutes (max) from my desitination. Started at $28 and went up adding zones. It's just what I wanted (although the $28 mentioned on this thread at the DTW Hilton Garden was better). I'll keep posting different successful bids as I get them.

Hi, I was looking for Dearborn (and vicinity). As long as I am not more than 20 minutes away and spending under $40 for a 2.5, I am happy. I read your re-bid strategy (and the posts on the site) and followed it. I only added zones because prices were higher and it really doesn't matter "where" i stay. I will be using room to sleep (work the rest of the time). It is only for one day. I return on August 27-30.

Congrads on your winning bid! When I did Hilton Garden Inn, 2.5* at 28.00 I had only DTW as an area checked because we were flying in that day and just wanted something for the night near the airport, before returning home the next day. I will be returning to the area in Sept for a conference and will report what I come up with. I actually would like to try a Residence Inn as I have never stayed at one of their properties. You will have to give us a review when you return. :)

I look forward to your other winning bids being reported as you said you would be staying in the area frequently this coming year! Please post your results here as it helps others.

nice to have your around!

'Cheryl

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]