Hotwire Hotel: 3* San Diego Mission Bay

lynnw
By lynnw,
in

I am looking to book in San Diego for 4 nights 7-11 April 06. We are from Australia and have recently found this site. As we will not have a car, we are looking for somewhere with easy public transport access. Thought maybe Downtown - Harbor Island or Mission Bay - Shelter Island.

Have come across the following and I am hoping you could shed light on which hotel it may be and if it would be suitable for our needs: $63 Best Value /3 Stars/Comp breakfast/Pool/Fitness Centre/Golf nearby/Tennis nearby/Laundry(self serve).

Used Hotwire to book 4 nts Honolulu - $81 pn 3* which turned out to be Waikiki Beachcomber

Thanks

Lynn

I think this is the Holiday Inn in Mission Bay. NOT one of my favorite hotels. The area is not great, it is not very close to the beach, the pool is tiny, and the service at the hotel was horrible. If you're not going to have a car and want to go to the beach, pick a hotel from one of those areas that has a beach icon, even though you'll pay more, or you'll end up disappointed. (Though April is cold on the beach in San Diego.) If the beach isn't important, the downtown or Gaslamp areas are great for nightlife and shopping. San Diego is kind of hard to do without a car, because everything is so spread out.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please post your Hawaii results as a NEW TOPIC in the Hawaii forum and include the price, dates of your stay, star rating, amenties shown before purchase, etc.

Regarding San Diego let us know how you want to proceed based upon the above comments.

Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]