Priceline Hotel: 4* Columbus (Downtown) Hyatt On Capitol Square

Merlin
By Merlin,
in

:) I was told this was the site to save money on Hotels etc; thus far all I have seen is people explaining that they have saved money so what am I missing,, I have seen nowhere on this site to actually bid and save money so how do I go about that? Help please.

Merlin,

Here may be a good place to start. We all save a great deal of money on hotel rooms. I saved over 60% on one last week! Here's a link: Start Here Then give thereuare the info for your stay (dates, city, star quality, limit you're will to pay, and search some hotels in the area to find their current prices) and he'll tell you exactly how to bid.

Thanks a lot for your helpful suggestions.

While I was waiting for some responces I went to Priceline and got a room at the Hyatt in downtown Columbus.

We have tickets for Cirque du soleil in Sept. and figured we would spend several days in Columbus seeing other things.

I got the room for $70.00 for several nights which I look at as a savings of approx. $39.00 a night so I guess it is like taking the bull by the horns and "Just do it" type of thing.

Ireally thank you for having a wonderful site and hope you keep up the good work.

Merlin

its great that you saved on your trip to Columbus, can you please post these results, include the dates of travel, the zone within Columbus, the star level that you bid, your bid history (did you have to rebid), the price paid and include taxes and fees? This may make it relevant to the someone else that may consider bidding for a hotel in this area. How to Post a Hotel Win :) This board has over 50,000 posts contributed by over 9,000 members that make this board a great resource.

For your next trip, you might want to ask for bidding advice, because you might end up saving even more. Sometimes you just gotta take the bull by the hornsm but doing so can get you thrown for a loop!!! :)

:) The Hotel was acquired on Priceline.

Dates are Sep 2 -Sep 4, 2005

Hotel is Hyatt on Capitol Square

75 East State St. Columbus, Ohio, 43215

I first offered $55.00 and was told no, to go $15.00 higher, I went to $65.00 and was told no- go higher, so I went to $70.00 and was told that I had the room at that price, we will be staying 2 nights at $140.00 plus Taxes and service fee of $31.45.

It is only several blocks to the Arena to see Cirque and I am close to the County Courthouse, I have been doing pictures of old County Courthouses since I finished all the Ohio Bicentennial Barns, we are also going to take in the Zoo.

I am satisfied with the price and will return for our next trip to Chicago to see if I can do better than our last trip, I believe I paid $125.00 a night in Sep of last year, and was south of McCormick place, and I am used to staying downtown.

Merlin

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]