Priceline Hotel: 2* Toledo (Perrysburg - Northwood) Quality Inn Perrysburg

Shoob
By Shoob,
in

Hi,

This is the second half of my trip... I'll leave Sandusky on the night of 22nd and check-in at Toledo. Leave Toledo in the morn on 6/23. When I went to Toledo earlier this year, I stayed at the Courtyard in the Holland area. I loved being in that area, actually. I'd like to try there again. So this time, I'd like to go 3*, Holland first, then Perrysburg or Maumee, and lastly, Downtown area. $60/night budget. Again 4 people, so that's a major concern for us. Any advice regarding how to deal with that would be great. I hope to hear back very soon...

Please advise.

Thanks!

From your other thread, the same applies here, what have you decided regarding the double vs. quad occupancy issue?

...can you give me advice on how to deal with the fact that we will have two other people with us?

This could be an issue...

PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and you could receive a room with only one bed. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request.

If this is not a risk you're willing to accept, HOTWIRE may still be an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and ensure sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search (although this usually means two beds, the second 'bed' could be a sofabed, rollaway, etc)

If you start by searching HOTWIRE for quad occupancy, does anything appear within your desired zone(s), star rating and budget?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

From your other thread, the same applies here, what have you decided regarding the double vs. quad occupancy issue?

I've decided the same with this trip; moving forward with the bidding regardless. Please advise me on a bidding strategy. Thanks!

I'd like to go 3*, Holland first, then Perrysburg or Maumee, and lastly, Downtown area. $60/night budget.

To confirm, did you want to bid Holland up to your maximum bid, then if rejected try for Perrysburg and/or Maumee up to your maximum bid, if rejected try for Downtown... OR is your goal the least expensive 3* hotel in any of these four zones?

Please confirm and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hmm... very good, and kinda tough question. I guess least expensive 3* is best at this point. I don't necessarily need to be closer to one place or another (last time I had an interview, so that was a particular consideration). I honestly would like to stay out of the Downtown area because the one time I stay there, I had to pay for parking... the hotel charged $16/day, and I had to go to a parking garage instead to pay less... no fun. It looks to me like Holland, Perrysburg and Maumee are all fairly similar in that they are all suburbs and fairly decent overall. Holland only has one hotel (Courtyard by Marriott) that I think I would potentially get.. that's where we stayed last time, and it was nicer than I expected!

So... in sum, we'll try to get the least expensive 3* in those 3 areas (Holland, Maumee/Perrysburg). Now... I'll let your genius minds figure out a strategy for me! Really, you guys are awesome!

...we'll try to get the least expensive 3* in those 3 areas (Holland, Maumee/Perrysburg).

This actually makes it a bit easier to bid...

When bidding 3* in this area you have TWO re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Holland...

Bid $40, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $43, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $45, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Perrysburg...

Select 3* Maumee...

Select 3* Holland and Perrysburg...

Bid $48, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $53, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Holland and Maumee...

Bid $48, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $50, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $53, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Holland and Perrysburg and Maumee...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $58, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I suspect that this may be the first weekend out of school for many families and therefore a popular weekend for an 'end of school year family trip' for many families, so with hotels seeing high demand, they're not willing to discount very deeply (or at all if they're able to sell most of their rooms on their own).

Using MAPS and HOTELS.com and/or BiddingHelper.com, what is the best deal you're able to find for an acceptable room for this nite?

I'm up to $90 on each of these suggestions... with no luck... :(

Up to $80+ on the 2.5* level... no luck! What is going on!?

Shoob,

Have you looked at HOTWIRE? There were some possibilities at the 2 person default, and even when I changed it to 4 people the price didn't go up to much. I saw at least one "free breakfast" and several "free parking"s.

All you need to do is enter Toledo, OH and today's date in that Hotwire box in the upper left hand corner.

If you are wondering what one of the hotels might turn out to be, sometimes one can get a good idea by matching the offered amenities with the amenity list of reported HOTWIRE hotels (the post right at the top of the Ohio-Hotwire area).

You can also post the amenity list back here and somebody will help you try to make a guess, but I don't think you have time for that??

Romelle

Thereuare, I think that you are right... Not sure if you all noticed, but I had to leave the same day that I posted that. I was sitting here for two hours trying to win a bid, but kept losing! I don't think I've ever been so frustrated when I tried to get a hotel! Anyways, I kept trying until I decided that I should go with whatever deal I could get (I was willing to pay for a room outright on a hotel's website... almost). I then decided to look at the Express Deals on Priceline... that seems very similar to Hotwire, but the deals seem better too, plus I trust Priceline's star rating. Anyways, I accepted a deal for a 2* hotel (Quality Inn) in the Perrysburg area of Toledo at $53/night. I had to pick it up because I needed to leave ASAP and needed to make sure we had a place to stay the next night.

Anyways... the Quality Inn was truly awesome. I was a bit worried after I bought it, but it's family-owned and is run spectacularly well. The customer service is tremendous, the breakfast is amazing (waffle maker there too!), and we felt safe staying there (the most important thing for us). I recommend it to others... but I really wish I would have paid less overall for the hotel. I got it for $66 after tax...

Thanks for the help guys... it's just unfortunate that I didn't get win... I just got lucky in the end!

-Shoob

Sorry for the late reply... I didn't realize that you replied on here. First of all... I don't have any idea why there was such difficulty getting a hotel in either place! The park, just wow... I've been to a number of amusment parks, including Cedar Point multiple times, and the park was relatively empty... on a Friday!!! It was crazy... we were able to go on the Top Thrill Dragster a 3 times and go on every other ride twice! Just nuts...

Anyways, the rating was 2* in the Perrysburg - Northwood area and the amenities that were shown to me included: free parking, free breakfast, free internet, indoor or outdoor pool, business center.

Oh... and it was a smoking room... that was a pleasant surprise because I smoke, but it might bother others. I called reception to confirm that it was a smoking room because I smelled the smoke and didn't want to get [wrongly] hit with a fine if it wasn't a smoking room. The receptionist tasked if it (i.e. the reservation for smoking) was a mistake, in which case she would gladly try to switch us to another room. Great customer service...

Hope this helps... just know that the hotel, I felt, was great. It was a bit dated... the phone in the room was really old (as well as the TV), and the AC was obviously old.. but honestly, those things did not take away from the fact that I had a pretty safe, decent place to stay at night with the family... and the customer service was truly nice.

-Shoob

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]