Check LMTClub.com too (LastMinuteTravel Club)

WillTravel
By WillTravel,
in

I wanted to report on this possibility. I just used it for New York City, and it's possible in certain circumstances it might be the best choice.

First, there is a membership requirement, but you should be able to get it for free with one of these methods:

http://www.lmtclub.com/3MonthTrial/index.html

I successfully used the promo code TRAVELTWEET on signup, but someone else said it didn't work for them.

This post says to use FBFREECLUB12, but I have not tried that.

http://xiandesi.livejournal.com/26401.html

I used this for August 28 - September 2 to get an on-request booking at the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Tribeca for $126/night. Now it is possible that I might have been able to do better with Priceline eventually, but I wasn't succeeding at prices close to that. Based on Hotwire, there is a discrepancy in pricing between August 28-30, and August 30-September 2, which suggested that splitting my bid might have worked, but I didn't succeed even with the cheaper dates August 30 - September 2. I know it might have worked out closer to the time, but with a fairly long stay, and a reasonable price, in an area I wanted to be in, this worked out well. (I used the links here for my failed bids - just wanted to add that.)

I also used LMTClub.com for Mexico City a few months ago, and saved about 50% off any rate I could get elsewhere, and got a hotel exactly where I wanted (which as you know, you can't do with Priceline generally).

This is cheaper than LastMinuteTravel generally, although I think LastMinuteTravel sometimes has opaque hotels with better prices, but they are part of the same entity anyway. You can cross-compare LastMinuteTravel.com with LMTClub.com and see the price drop.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]