Priceline Hotel: Need to find the perfect spot in Montreal

lovecran2001
By lovecran2001,
in

Hi guys,

I just discovered Hotwire and Priceline and I have doubts on which one to choose.

I have a special occasion to celebrate with my better-half on saturday night (The 9th of June) and I would like to offer us a treat on a 4 stars hotel in downtown or in the convention center area in Montreal.

I don't really have a budget, I guess everyone here wants the smallest price ever.

Many thanks in advance for your help/tips/advices it's going to me much appreciated.

Julien

Welcome to BetterBidding!

PRICELINE is usually a little cheaper than HOTWIRE, but with PRICELINE you have to be willing to accept any 4* hotel in the zone that you choose... whereas HOTWIRE will tell you some of the amenities offered at the property and also often provide user review information (and you can often use this information to guess which hotel you will receive and thereby also guess the location... even if you can't guess the hotel beforehand, sometimes the user review info provided can give you a bit of comfort in moving forward with an 'opaque' purchase, especially if there are hotels in the zone which may be less favorable than others).

So depending upon what is most important to you for this stay... price vs. knowing the amenities and having a guess as to the property you may receive, should help you decide which is the 'better' service for you to use for this stay. For additional information on the similarities/differences between each service see this I've Never Used Priceline or Hotwire thread.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi Administrator, and many thanks for your clarification.

I wanted to wait until last minute to make the reservation in either HOTWIRE or PRICELINE but I can see in Hotwire some 4 stars disappeared since I'm looking for hotels (3 days now). I guess the F1 race in Montréal during the weekend I'm interested doesn't make it easier.

The search on Hotwire for my period shows me a 4 stars and a half for CAD 335.63. It's way over my price but I'm curious to know which hotel it is. I looked into the Hotwire Hotel List and I can't really find a match with the ameneties showing (Indoor pool(s), Fitness Center, Pool(s)).

Do you think I should take the risk and wait until friday or saturday morning? Is there a way to know if 4 stars are going to be fully booked before it actually happen? (I know it sounds like a silly question but maybe some websites are saying ''Only 4 rooms left'' something like that)

And if I don't really like the choices in HOTWIRE, how much do you think I can start from bidding for a 4 stars in PRICELINE?

Thanks a lot!

Julien

I wanted to wait until last minute to make the reservation in either HOTWIRE or PRICELINE but I can see in Hotwire some 4 stars disappeared since I'm looking for hotels (3 days now). I guess the F1 race in Montréal during the weekend I'm interested doesn't make it easier.

The F1 race will likely make getting a deal for this trip more difficult... if your plans are/were firm and good deals were offered previously, i'm not sure why you felt waiting would be the best option.

The search on Hotwire for my period shows me a 4 stars and a half for CAD 335.63. It's way over my price...

Please change the currency drop down menu on the top right of HOTWIRE's page to US Dollars (and if applicable the country to United States). Then continue to search HOTWIRE and post to the board in US Dollars so that rates are consistent and not subject to interpretation due to future currency fluctuation. Once you're ready to purchase simply change the drop down menu to whatever currency you'd like to use and complete your purchase.

What is your budget for this trip?

Do you think I should take the risk and wait until friday or saturday morning? Is there a way to know if 4 stars are going to be fully booked before it actually happen?

There is no way to know if rates will come down, or move even higher, between now and your stay... see the related 'Bid Early or Close to Check-in' link in our PRICELINE FAQ regarding when to bid. What is your expected budget for this trip? Is anything showing on HOTWIRE within your desired budget and star rating?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

...I believed the best deal are last minute.

Happy Anniversary, but the best deals are when the hotel has excess room inventory to sell. This could be at the last minute, but if the hotel is nearing full occupancy, why would they discount? I recently won a Priceline bid and upon check in I was informed that the hotel was sold out. Had I waited until the last day, I probably would not have won that bid. Also, members of this board are happy to help, but please ask when you have firm plans.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]