Priceline Hotel: Priceline help: International flight

canabiz
By canabiz,
in

Hi folks i'm new here!

Just wondering how international travel works with Priceline, for Canadians to boot!

Has anyone got a great deal booking flights to Asia ?

I've always relied on the travel agents in Chinatown before to get my tickets to Asia...i got a return ticket to South Korea last X-mas (high season i reckon) for $1,500

If there's something better on Priceline, i'm all for that...i'm pretty flexible in terms of travelling too, i.e. stopovers, last-minute flights etc bring 'em on

If i could save some dough, i'm all for it!

Please let me know your take on booking flights to far-flung locales, i"ll worry about the hotels after

OK folks i just went to www.priceline.ca and it doesn't look very legit

so I went to www.priceline.com and it said that all flight departures have to be from an U.S. airport so that's a lil bit troublesome there

Anyway i put in Buffalo (which is the closest airport down south I think) for departure and destination as Seoul, South Korea and the cheapest price that comes up is around $1,600 USD i think

So i put in $1,000 for my Name your own ticket price and with taxes that comes to $1,100 but I haven't put in any personal info yet because I don't know if some airlines will be able to match this price....

Anyone has experience travelling internationally from Canada and dealing with Priceline please put in your $.002

I don't mind driving down to Buffalo but obviously i'd prefer to depart from Ottawa or MTL

Thanks

I've read a number of times that if your flight is to Asia, you should get a travel agent versed in that particular region. I don't normally use travel agents, but I'd consider it in this case, and you've used them before. They might be able to work in some stopovers, also, if you are interested. Otherwise, use all the usual tools to see the best price you can get otherwise. Start with all the search features of ITASoftware.com and look at Flyertalk.com .

Priceline usually doesn't provide very good fare deals, and you lose all flexibility completely.

Thanks Will

I think i'll stick with Priceline for hotels and take care of the flights, at least internationally, with the brick & mortar folks

Although one of my friend booked a ticket to South Korea (albeit in Feb, low-season) for a sweet $1K via Expedia.com so online deals could still be had

Thanks again

Hi Canbiz,

I don't think there is a Priceline Canada site. In fact I have contacted Priceline and officially they don't accpet bids from Canadian customers because they are not "licenced to do business in Canada". This being said their system accepts Canadian credit cards nonetheless - you just have to fool it when it comes to State and Zip Code.

As for flights, I believe all Priceline flights must originate from the US. So if you want to fly out of Canada you're out of luck. What city are you in? If you're in Toronto there are some good travel agents up in the Markham / Richmond Hill area that should be able to get you very good prices. Flights to Hong Kong right now are going for $1100 + taxes. Try First Markham Place or Market Village if you are in Toronto.

Good luck. :)

Albert

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]