Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Charleston Best Western Charleston Plaza Hotel

Pluto123
By Pluto123,
in

I bid $61 for a 2.5* hotel in Charleston WV. The bid was made on the evening of my stay, so I really had just one chance--no 24 hour rebids, and there are no rebid zones. I got the Best Western Charleston Plaza Hotel. Gotta admit I was disappointed in the hotel. No extra blankets, no luggage cart (8th floor room), dirty room. I think I should have bid a little lower, but knowing that I only had one shot, this is what I did. If ever in the area again, maybe I should go for a three star instead.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

If you were disappointed with this property perhaps next time you also may want to try for a higher rated hotel. While no guarantees, often the staff is a bit better trained at the higher rated properties and may be more inline with your cleanliness standards.

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 months later...

I always start at the 3* level, and at $60 you have a good chance of getting the Marriott or the Embassy Suites. Both are nice hotels, best Charleston has to offer, and especially good chances on the weekdays. Plus, I have had my best luck grabbing the Embassy, my preferred hotel (BEST, over Marriott, in CRW IMO), at the last minute. I've actually pulled into the parking lot at Embassy, pulled out my computer or iphone, and bid $50-55 in the parking lot, and gotten the Embassy. I don't think Best Western is too bad, the breakfast has been decent, but I wouldn't bid $61 on it. You would have been better off going down to 2*, bidding $50, and getting the Holiday Inn Express. Nicer, cleaner rooms than Best Western.

CRW does suck as far as PRICELINE goes though, because of the no-rebid zones without dropping stars. So always start at 3*, and if you're willing to go to $60 for your first bid, (which I am loathe to do), BY ALL MEANS start at 3*. You will snag Marriott or Embassy a LOT at that starting bid. If you can, and it's further out, you can always try Cross Lanes or Charleston East now. PRICELINE has added several areas now, if they don't show up when you type in Charleston WV, type in Cross Lanes WV and you should see 3 areas show up now.

Wingate and Holiday Inn in South Charleston have also become Priceline players, though I haven't gotten them much yet. 2 times for HI, once Wingate. They are owned by the same company. Wingate doesn't have a pool but has a hot tub, and you can walk across the parking lot and use the HI pool. The HI used to be Ramada, but was EXTENSIVELY renovated and is now one of the nicest properties in the Charleston area. Have yet to see how that will all play out on PL though, they sunk millions into the remodel, and aren't players at the $50-$60 bids much as of yet. The frack well drilling craze in WV has seemed to fill a lot of hotel rooms, and push up prices as well.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]