Hotwire Hotel: 2* Boston (Burlington - Woburn) Candlewood Suites Burlington Boston

BiddingBetterDC
By BiddingBetterDC,
in

I'm not particular about what part of Boston I want to be in exacty like Financial District or Copley Sq or whatever but I'd like to be in Boston OR Burlington/Woburn for at least 2 night 5/29-5/31 to start with....i'm firm on at least those dates. I'm looking at 2.5* or better.

Right now Hotwire is looking decent @ 62 for an unknown 3 star that 95% recommend and 2.5* for 60 that 80% recommend and a 3.5* for 79 that 95% also recommend (maybe someone can identify those 3 for me) in the Burlington - Woburn - Lexington area.

BUT any strategies for me for priceline that maybe I can get something good in either like a 3.5* for 80 or less per night?

I had to search Bedford MA to get Bedford - Burlington, Lexington - Concord, Natick - Framingham and Newton - Waltham for NYOP on Priceline because searching for Boston or Burlington, MA only gave me Boston city areas and closer Boston city suburbs like Medford, Cambrige east&west, Revere and so on.

I'll be sure to use the HOTWIRE or PRICELINE link(s) when I do my business :). Thanks.

It appears your first objective is to try on PRICELINE so we'll start there...

The 'problem' is that you're willing to accept a hotel in Burlington, Woburn or Boston... but each of these zones are in different PRICELINE regions:

Burlington = (Boston Metro-West)

Worburn = (Boston North Shore)

Boston = (Boston)

As well, you mention 3.5* bidding note that Worburn does not offer 3.5* bidding, the highest star rating in this zone is 3*.

What are your primary objective(s) for this stay and what would be your first choice of zone/location/star rating/price? Is this more of a sightseeing trip and you're looking to head to the city each day but considering the suburbs in order to save some money, or do you have plans which make the suburbs a preferred location?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Ahhh I just checked & saw what you mean....I was thinking about Hotwire first but yes I guess i'd want to try Priceline first.

Prime objective is the best star incall possible for any of those areas and preferably a price better than what Hotwire is showing for those dates at the moment. Preference from most to least:

1. Boston 3 to 3.5* (better if possible) for 80/night or less but it's high season now until at least mid-July so might be a stretch.

2. Burlington 2.5 to 3.5* @ 63/less per night since there's an unknown 3* on hotwire @ 63 (dollar up from yesterday) and 2.5* for 61 (dollar up from yesterday). Willing to 70 or less for 3.5* since Hotwire has a 3.5* for 78 (dollar down from yesterday).

3. Woburn same feelings as Burlington (on Priceline) since Hotwire bunched Burlington-Woburn-Lexington into the same area. Really set on a 3* only for Woburn since it's the best that area has.

Yes it is more of a sight-seeing trip but I have friends in the area tho don't want to crash in on their places. I'm considering the 'burbs to save where I can :).

For Boston-City: Any EXCEPT these ----> Revere-Logan Airport, South Boston, Brighton-Brookline, Medford-Somerville, North Cambridge-Arlington, Cambridge East-Charlestown

To avoid and confusion for if/when PRICELINE adds/renames zones (and to make it as easy as possible for us) please indicate the dates you are willing to bid (rather than the ones that you are not)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Since you don't have too much time left, and the Woburn-Burlington area seems to be your first choice, this is how i would play it:

Whenn bidding Boston North Shore (the region where Woburn-Burlington is located) you have THREE re-bid zones at the 3.5* level and ONE re-bid zone at the 3* level.

Select 3.5* Woburn-Burlington...

Bid $45, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $50, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* Woburn-Burlington and re-bid zone2...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $60, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Woburn-Burlington...

Bid $55, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $60

If the above is rejected i would then take the $68/nite 3* hotel on HOTWIRE in the Burlington-Woburn-Lexinton zone with:

Indoor pool(s)

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

Free Parking

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

It has a 100% recommendation from previous guests and this, along with a 4.0/5.0 TA rating, would seem to be a good choice given all your parameters above (my guess would be the Courtyard Woburn Boston North). Of course if the bidding above is rejected you could try bidding Bedford-Burlington, but with the reviews of the 3* on HOTWIRE being positive i would sooner just take that vs. taking the chance of receiving a 3* property not as well rated.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide or if we can be of further help if your goal for this stay is different then those above.

• 1 month later...

Ended up using HOTWIRE and got the 2* Candlewood Suites Burlington-Boston.

Extremely nice in the room for a 2* .... Burlington MA is a bit further out than I cared for turns out but it was cheap enough. Hotel shuttle took me to Burlington Mall about 1/2 mile away and I could get a bus (350 or 351) to the red line Alewife station and ride that anywhere into downtown Boston. Cabs/taxis in Burlington MA are a huge rob/rip-off.... $50 flat rate to Alewife no matter how close to it you are (even 4 miles away).

Congratulations on your success!

Glad you ultimately found something that would work for your needs.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board. Can you please add a reply to this thread with the room rate per nite and the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your purchases/decisions as you make them so that the information can help others in a timely manner.

Enjoy your stay.

61/night , amenities: Laundry Facilities (self-service), Free Parking, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower. Might or might not show Kitchenette or Suite.

What are the amenities that are currently showing when you view this purchase in the MY ACCOUNT link at the top right of HOTWIRE's home page?

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]