Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Hartford (East - Vernon) Holiday Inn Express

JF1980
By JF1980,
in

Going to see the Rolling Stones on 8/26/05 and needed to book 2 rooms for 1 night. First tried Priceline this past Saturday, because I had liked the way it worked out well for me the first time I tried it to book a room in Atlantic city.

For this trip I tried 3* $45 with rebids of $50 $55 and $60 because there are 3 possible rebids in the hartford area when you want to stay in East Hartford area. Wasn't accepted on any of the bids which i was quite surprised because the Sheraton was being offered on the "shop & compare" part of pricelines website for a very good rate of $79 for that night which it now looks like that hotel has been removed from the "shop and compare" section. I then had my girlfriend try to bid on the 2* at $40 knowing that there is a 2.5* on hotwire for $44 and we didn't get it. Now if there is a way to rebid on a 2* when all the other regions have a 2* as well I havn't learned how to do it yet.

Then I read about the hotwire Entertainment Book coupon on this wonderfull website, which I didnt even know existed even though i am an Entertainment Book holder, so instead of waiting 72 hours to try again, because the person who is going to be in the 2nd room wanted to save money, i just went for the deal on hotwire at $44 per room even though the hotel is in Vernon Ct and not East Hartford. Total cost was $88 plus taxes and fees that pushed the price up to $104.95 and then minus the $30 for Entertainment Book discount. So basically it is $37.50 a night per room, which i think is great.

Now, my 2.5* is the holiday inn express in Vernon Ct. The person who last posted about this East hartford vernon area said his 2.5* has a restaurant and a pool, mine has neither. Also, I wanted to see the price after I booked, and it went up to $45 for that night. Thanks for all the info that I gained here.

Joe

sorry, i forgot to add this in my initial post. I never realized that for Hotwire that the post is supposed to have the amenities, which i just read in the "read before you post section" the hotel has a restaurant, comp breakfeast (yum cinnamon rolls) and tennis nearby. I think my initial post said that the place doesn't have a restaurant. I don't think holiday inn express on their own website mentions one. Oh well, I'm not perfect

Thank you for posting and sharing your results with the board.

The previous poster for this area never ended up purchasing the hotel, so given the different amenties involved it was likely a different property than the one you won.

Enjoy your stay and have a great time as the concert.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]