Priceline Hotel: 4* Vancouver Pacific Palisades

pcoffino
By pcoffino,
in

:)

Bidding for 4* in central Vancouver for three nights in August. I submitted $71, $75 and $80 per night, got nothing. I understand the strategy of adding an additional zone with no 4* for a repeat bid, but there are only two such zones in Vancouver. This this limit me to three bids? Do I now have to wait for three days to try again or is there some other way?

There are actually three such zones in the Vancouver are that only have hotels rated 3* or less. As discussed in PRICELINE RE-BIDDING:

The way to check what star levels are available in each zone is to open a Priceline page, check ONLY the zone you are inquiring about, and then proceed to the next page (as if you were going to select a zone)... this will give you the available star ratings in that area. You can then hit BACK on your browser, uncheck the current box, check the next box, and repeat the process. It is important to do this before EACH attempt at adding a zone that you really don't want, as new hotels can be added and the star ratings can change at any time.

Confirm your three re-bid zones with the board (or ask for help if you are confused) and then we'll suggest a strategy to follow (and i would wait 72 hours from your previous bids so that you're starting 'fresh' and can maximize your re-bid opportunities)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, begin at least 72 hours after your last bid and it will be a 'clean slate'.

With your three re-bid zones, and time to bid again if not successful, i would try as follows:

Select 4* Vancouver...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $90, if rejejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Vancouver and re-bid zone2...

Bid $100, if rejejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Vancouver and re-bid zone3...

Bid $105, if rejejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Vancouver adn re-bid zone1 and re-bid zone2...

Bid $110, if rejejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Vancouver and re-bid zone1 and re-bid zone3...

Bid $115, if rejejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* Vancouver and re-bid zone2 and re-bid zone3...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $125.

Try the above and let us know how it goes.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I did exactly as you suggested. I exhausted all bids with combinations of Vancouver with one, two or all three re-bid zones. I thus made 1 + 3 + 3 succesive bids at prices of $ 80, 90, 100, 105, 110, 115 and 120- the last and highest was $120. All of these were rejected. There must be some serious crowds gathering in Vancouver on the dates of interest to me.

Please advise on my next moves.

Wondered if you had checked Hotwire for those dates. I'm seeing what I think is the Crowne Plaza for $112 for those nights - and if you are a new user you should be able to reduce this by $10 a night discount.(No 100% guarantees it's the Crowne Plaza of course - if you want to try it maybe you should get a second opinion)

This is 3.5 on Hotwire but 3 on priceline. I stayed there a few years ago (albeit in a club room) and, although the rooms are very small all had all been refurbished and were very nicely decorated and comfortable. The location is great.

Thought I would bring this to your attention as it is very busy in Vancouver at that time. I'm trying for similar dates and also have had no luck. I shall post more info on my trip in a separate thread when I sort something out

Using the suggested bidding strategy I made multiple bids. The highest was $150/night. This was rejected with the proposal "Please increase your price by at least $25." for the same areas and levels. I instead closed my browser window. Even if I could get this package at $175 this did not seem like a favorable deal. Suggestions on what to do next? Is Hotwire a better deal than Priceline for the dates and location, as suggested by KRXNLS?

As I was extracting my credit card and pecking out the Hotwire URL an email arrived from Priceline inviting me to resume my quest and stating (wrongly) that 3 days had passed since my last bid. Attentive readers of this thread will know that this was false, as my second series of rejected offers had been transacted only one day before. I nonetheless clicked away at the icon providing this opportunity. My last of three succesive bids, one of $160/night, was accepted. I had "won" (more accurately, purchased) three nights at Pacific Palisades Hotel.

My thanks to this site for instructing me in Priceline bidding strategy.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]