Priceline Hotel: 4* Portland (Downtown) The Benson

CrazyOne
By CrazyOne,
in

Ack, got the date wrong there, supposed to be 6/23/05.

Your Offer Price: $83.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $83.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $18.33

Total Charges: $101.33

Stay date back on Thursday 6/23/05

Bid date way back on 5/31/05

Between SF and here we did other stuff, no Pricelines. It cost us more that way, but we also had some flexibility a couple nights (drive up coast between SF and Portland) and chose a couple of specific places for other nights.

Anyway, this one was full of rebids that ticked me off. Others have gotten this for I think below $70 at times, but I had to pay $83 before I finally got it. I think I was going in about $3 increments, so I couldn't be too far off. Again, sometimes it costs more to bid further out too it seems. Doesn't matter though, this place is totally worth it. It's a great old hotel building, great service and great people there. Most stocked bathroom I've seen in a long time. Hehe. Highly recommended. I find it hard to see how you could be disappointed if you get this one even if it does take 80-odd bucks to get it.

Hint, hint, eh? :) Yes, I'll add my review. I forgot to search through there for the Benson. Too bad others have had mediocre rooms it looks like, but I thought ours was fine. I'm sure it's not the only place with some widely varying opinions. Will detail over there.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]