Priceline Hotel: 4* Miami (South Beach) Sol Melia Royal Palm

lowballer
By lowballer,
in

Wow. This was my first bid and when it hit, I was worried I had entered a bad parameter, like the wrong dates or something.

This hotel apparently used to be a Crown Plaza until recently, and is now owned by the Sol Melia outfit. It is at 1545 Collins Avenue in South Beach. The website says everyone pays a $20/day resort fee, so it's not the great deal it sounds like, but its own rate for these nights is $139 + 20 ($159 + 20 for ocean view and $239 + 20 for oceanfront).

Total $130 + 25.95 = $155.95 (plus resort fee)

Congrats... it does sound like a very good deal even with the resort fee - however, just to warn you in advance - ~$25 per night for parking - I think public lots are like $15.

When do you have the option to pay for the Ocean View?

I just also noticed that they raised their prices on their website too. A few days ago, the Sol site said "Royal Palm starting from $119" but when I checked dates the rates were $139. Now it says "...starting from $149" When I do a room search it still says $139 though.

Also, the $20 resort fee isnt so bad if you are 2 people, $10 a day for beach chairs..... I am only 1 person so I think $20 is steep.

Rates for the above stay still appear at $139/nite.

However, one thing i noticed about their website... to proceed with the reservation there is a checkbox (already pre-checked) which states you agree to the terms and conditions of their reservation.

The $139 rate comes with a one nite cancellation policy... to get a rate that is fully refundable you need to book at $469/nite!! :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]