Hotwire Hotel: 4* San Diego (Gaslamp Quarter South - Convention Center) Manchester Grand Hyatt

Geronimo248
By Geronimo248,
in

I am new to the BetterBidding forum and unfortunately did not check out the tips before I placed my bid on Hotwire. Also I did not take a definitive note of the amenities, sorry. However what I can offer may hopefully help someone else out. Saturday 5/5/2012 I went on hotwire for a San Diego Gaslamp area 4 star hotel.

What I found were a few hotels and the one I choose was "Gaslamp Quarter South - Convention Center area hotel" Price.. $132.(155.32 w tax). Being it was cinco de mayo & decided the price was good enough. As for the Amenities, although I did not write them down I beleive I remember the Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center & High speed internet. There may have been more, I don't remember. Anyway what I ended up with was the Hyatt Manchester. The hotel itself was very nice, no complaints there HOWEVER (in my opinion) this hotel should not be listed as Gaslamp South..No way! Nothing is near the hotel & Its a good 15 min walk to southern (closest) part of the gaslamp district, which is just a little over a 1/2 mile. When exploring the gaslamp area heading up 4th or 5th streets up to Broadway, you'll have walked 1 mile. (I measured on google earth). The Hyatt front desk said they hear this concern all the time from Hotwire winners who bargained for a Gaslamp South hotel and find themselves taking a taxi or walking more than they expected. Again the Hyatt Manchester is a v nice hotel just wish we were closer to the Gaslamp area.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Sorry to hear that the location wasn't optimal for your needs, but glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel... hopefully you overall found the results to be a good value for the area relative to the price paid.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board. Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

PS- please read your messages. Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]