Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Newark (Secaucus - Meadowlands) Hyatt Place

steve1972
By steve1972,
in

Hi guys,

Watching this great Board since a couple of months i just registered a few minutes ago!

Tried everything to get a room up until 160$, always got rejected. Tried also Hoboken.

Any ideas for me?! 1week perhaps too long to get a great price?! There isn't much Time left :rolleyes:

Thanks

Steve

Tried also Hoboken.

Hoboken and Jersey City are in the same zone... i assume this is the only zone you have bid?
my desired max bid per night is about ~155$.

just wanted to be in manhatten quite uncomplicated (near bus / path station).

I believe you can get part of your stay in Jersey City-Hoboken for ~$180-190... we will of course start lower, but are you willing to bid this high?

Jersey City-Hoboken is the best zone (imo) for staying in a 'suburb' of Manhattan, but if you're not willing to increase your budget at all, you could then look towards the Secaucus-North Bergen zone. Are you driving to the area, because most (but not all) of the hotels in this zone are walkable to a bus stop, so you'll need to have some sort of back-up plan to get to the Park N Ride should the hotel you win not be within walking distance.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (and please click each of these links before replying)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

sorry, my fault! I meant jersey city & north bergen!

well a walk to a bus stop is absolutely no problem...thats why i would prefer my limit of 150$.

of course, of getting always rejected i have to raise up my maximum bid.

thanks in advance!!

Greets Steve

hi again,

tried now (of course with your links):

-> 4* Jersey City, 170$ rejected

-> 4* Jersey City with rebidzone secaucus 175$ rejected

-> 3,5* Jersey City & secaucus with 155$ rejected

Perhaps i should try 3*? not sure...all i want is being in about 20minutes to Manhatten.. (bus / train) i have no car in NY but a small walk to the next bus stop doesn't matter.

do you have any other advices? brookyln perhaps?

would be nice if the room has enough space for a third person sleeping on the floor! :rolleyes:

come on guys, i want to get ready with the booking stuff as fast as possible.

Greetings Steve

HOTWIRE has a 3* hotel for the entire length of your stay for $153/nite with:

Complimentary Breakfast, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Free Parking

... this property also has an excellent 4.5/5.0 Tripadvisor rating.

Best guess for this is the Hyatt Place, which if correct has a bus stop right outside of the hotel's back door, and it also appears for the same $153/nite when you search for 3adults, so you would ensure sleeping arrangement for everyone in your group (assuming there are three of you).

While you may be able to bid on PRICELINE for a little less, the advantage of this HOTWIRE offer is (assuming our guess is correct):

-ensure triple occupancy

-includes breakfast

-is close to transportation

-is very well reviewed

-there is also a Wal-Mart nearby where you can pick up some inexpensive snacks/drinks for the room

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Would the above work for your needs?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

hi thereuare,

great! thanks a lot for the advice. i just booked the hotel right now using your HOTWIRE link!

i got, as y ou told, the hyatt place hotel! i am really happy with it, just hoping that i can use the 7day-unlimited ride card for driving to the hotel (or is an extra fee required for the bus, because of driving to NJ?)

thanks a lot!! cu again next year perhaps!!

greetings

steve

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and are pleased with the results. This hotel does get great reviews and should work well for your needs.

Unfortunately the bus is operated by NJ Transit vs. the 7 day unlimited metro card you're referring to is operated by the MTA (NYC transit system) so the metro card won't work for the NJ Transit bus (although the metro card is good on busses within Manattan). The bus fare from the Hyatt Place to Manhattan is $3.95 each way.

I'm fairly certain this is the bus (there may another that does this route but this one definitely does) from the hotel to Port Authority so you can print out the schedule before you go: 320 Bus Schedule

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm fairly certain this is the bus (there may another that does this route but this one definitely does) from the hotel to Port Authority so you can print out the schedule before you go: 320 Bus Schedule

Yes, the Route 320 bus which stops behind the Hyatt Place will take you to the Port Authority in about 25 minutes, but you should board the bus before 9:30 am. At 10:00 am, the "bus only" lanes through the tunnel are open to all traffic and turns into a long ride. This bus stop has a new Ticket vending machine that accepts cash, credit cards, and debit cards for bus fare.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]