Priceline Hotel: 4* Baltimore (Inner Harbor) Marriott Waterfront

StacyC75
By StacyC75,
in

I'm very pleased :)

I was trying for a 3* by BWI because I need to go into DC and wanted an airport shuttle to take me to the airport and back for transit purposes and the fact I'm traveling with my teen and younger autistic son.

I tried BWI 3* and added in areas with 1-2* starting at $50 and ending up at $64 and got rejected each time. Got frustrated and ran out of less than 3* areas so went for the only 4* area I knew of and got accepted on my first bid!

Can't beat a 4* for just $6 a night above the highest rejected 3*!

Your Offer Price: $70.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Subtotal: $140.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$26.55

Total Charges: $166.55

Kids will love the indoor pool and the waterfront looks lovely. I was pushing for a certain couple hotels because my son has food allergies and needs some special foods, but with a 4* hopefully they can accomadate my needs or I'll ask about a suite upgrade.

Thank you betterbidding members!

If you need to go into DC from Baltimore there is a reasonable train option on the weekdays run by the State of Maryland. Some info at http://www.mtamaryland.com/services/marc/ The MARC Camden Line runs from a station at Camden Yards by the baseball stadium (not too far from this hotel, longish walk or maybe the hotel could run you over there) to Union Station in DC. This would not be much fun if it is before your check in or after check out with all your luggage, but if just in the middle of your trip I think it would be fine, certainly more economical even for three of you than most other options and far simpler and more comfortable than any of the cheaper ones.

Transit from the airport to the same station area at Camden Yards is also possible on the light rail, but with three of you and all your stuff it may be more inconvenient than the cost savings is worth.

I suppose you may be thinking of renting a car, but a car is somewhat of a liability in both cities. In addition to the rental rate it will cost you $20/night at the Marriott (that's the self-park rate, not the valet) plus whatever it will cost to park in DC. Then again, if you add all that up and compare it with a cab from BWI to the hotel and back and the train to DC, it might come out close to a wash. (I don't know what cab fare from BWI to Inner Harbor is.) Driving in either place or between them is not much fun (and I travel to both by car fairly regularly), but it's certainly doable if you must.

I would be surprised if the Marriott could not handle any of your special food needs. I didn't make any special requests of them, but I think they would be accommodating.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]