Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Philadelphia (Langhorne - Levittown) Ramada Levittown

teachermama
By teachermama,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you look at the HOTWIRE zones/boundaries, which zone(s) are you willing to stay in? How many rooms/adults/children do you need? What are the actual dates of your stay and what is your desired star rating and budget?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think the area best fitting my needs is Langhorne-Levittown Jun 8 check in and June 10 check out. It will be our family, 2 adults and 2 children. Am I better off waiting until closer to the date, or do things not change much between now and then?

I do believe a 2.5 star room will be suffice since we've payed a small fortune to "do it up good" for the kiddos in the park, so we'll likely spend as much time there as possible.

Thank you!

I think the area best fitting my needs is Langhorne-Levittown Jun 8 check in and June 10 check out. It will be our family, 2 adults and 2 children.

Note that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and you could receive a room with only one bed. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request. While this area is likely used to accommodating families and probably has a higher percentage of rooms with two beds, it's still a risk you need to be aware of and willing to accept.

If this is not a risk you're willing to accept, HOTWIRE may still be an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and ensure sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search (although this usually means two beds, the second 'bed' could be a sofabed, rollaway, etc)

Am I better off waiting until closer to the date, or do things not change much between now and then?

Nobody can say if rates will come down, more higher, or stay the same, between now and your trip, but see the related 'Bid Early or Close to Check-in' link in our PRICELINE FAQ for a further discussion of this subject.

I do believe a 2.5 star room will be suffice since we've payed a small fortune to "do it up good" for the kiddos in the park, so we'll likely spend as much time there as possible.

We've done Sesame Place each year but we only go for one day, and we try to arrive early (just as the park opens) and we inevitably leave late near closing time. It sounds like you may have done a character meal, but if not, note that food inside the park is VERY expensive... we usually pick up some good sandwiches from a local deli and leave the park for lunch, as they have some picnic tables just outside the entrance.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Wow, thank you so much for helping me through this! We are 3 hrs from the park and decided to buy season passes this year to make a couple little trips instead of one big vacation, so I really wanted to learn the ropes of these hotel sites to help save us the $ this summer.

I think I better stick with HOTWIRE so I can get the 2 beds this time, since my mother in law is going with the kids and I instead of husband. I will check out your link to the FAQ, but I think for this particular trip, I'd feel better securing a room instead of waiting 'til the last minute. This particular trip means a lot to my daughter, and if I miss rooms I'm in big mama trouble! It's a special Strawberry Shortcake show at the park :)

If you search HOTWIRE for 2adults/2children does anything appear within the Langhorne zone within your desired star rating and budget?

You can also use our sister site, MAPS and HOTELS.com, to easily see hotels near the park and visually see how much money you will save by go up/down in star rating or closer/further from the park itself.

Not yet reported to the board as such, but the a new amenity set for the Holiday Inn Northwest would be my guess for this one.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

• 2 months later...

Greetings! Could you please log into your HOTWIRE account where you can see the details from this previous purchase? Sesame place is a big attraction in the summer and posting the exact rate along with the dates can help another board member seeking similar accommodations. Sort of "pay it forward" for the advice you've received. Thanks!

PS, please just post the amenities and not the description of each amenity to make it easier for board members and moderators to read.

Glad you were successful and hopefully enjoyed your stay.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the room rate per nite, star rating, and amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thanks.

Thanks for the follow-up!

Can you please also add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase so we can complete this listing in the Hotwire Hotel List... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thank you.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]