Priceline Hotel: 3* Philadelphia (Downtown) Hilton Garden Inn

mccarthys5
By mccarthys5,
in

Hi, Just joined this forum, have been using Hotwire for the last year or so, but tried Priceline for the first time today and got the Hilton Garden Inn - 3* - in downtown Philly for $55/night for 1 night 7/15/05.

First I bid on a 4* in downtown Philly at $60 and was rejected, so I lowered my bid and downgraded to a 3* rating and got the Hilton Garden.

Is this a good price for this hotel? Right now the cheapest thing on Hotwire is a 3* in the Historic District, Waterfront for the same date is going for $57/night - I believe that one is the Holiday inn Historic District. I am not a fan of Holiday Inns in general, so that is why I didn't bid, even though I haven't stayed at that one in particular.

This is a great board, thanks!

this is a savings of 50% from Hilton's direct internet rate, and since rates fluctuate due to many factors such as occupancy levels, seasons, and if there is a big convention in town, I'd say that you got a great rate!! I still like the Holiday Inn for location, and although the reviews on Tripadvisor are mixed, it has received generally good reviews. The Hilton Garden is a newer hotel, built on top of a parking garage several years ago but the location at 11th street near the Gallery shopping mall is further away from the tourist areas near the Waterfront zone. Here is the website for a garage that is around the corner Philadelphia Parking Authority parking is $12.50 for up to 24 hours, but you do not have in-out privileges. There is another garage at 8th and Filbert as well, parking is only $10 for up to 24 hours. Hotel parking is $20.00.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

As dahammer points out, this is half the hotel's going rate and that alone makes it a great deal!

Thank you for sharing your win with the board... we look forward to hearing about your future Priceline and Hotwire deals (you can also add previous Hotwire deals to the board, especially for hotels not yet confirmed in our hotel lists... you should be able to view your previous wins, dates, price, and amenities associated with each property by going to Hotwire and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page).

Have a great stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the welcome! And thank you for all the parking tips, parking in Philly is rough on the street (and virutally nonexistant) in downtown center city. $12.50 or $10 is certainly better than $20. Looking forward to our stay this weekend, we do a lot of these one-night getaways since we have 3 kids under the age of 6 and are happy when the grandparents agree to take all of them overnight!

if the weather is nice, not too hot, you might be able to dine outside at several restaurants. You might want to start around Third and Market streets, about a 8 block walk from your hotel, right down Market Street. Or, you could try one of the Waterfront restaurants like Rock Lobster, they have a great deck and you can go for just a drink or have dinner. Don't ya just luv grandparents :) PS....tell the desk clerk, with your best toothy smile, :) its a special occasion (anytime we could dish the kids off to the GP's, it was a special occasion) and request an upgrade, it doesn't hurt to ask!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]