Hotwire Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) New York, need help

wonderwes
By wonderwes,
in

Selected amenities include: Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, Tennis Nearby, Business Center.

2 days, 7/29/05 - 7/31/05

Stars: 4

No. of rooms: 1

No. of nights: 2

Price per night: $170.00

Subtotal: $340.00

Taxes/Fees: $62.95

Total Price: $402.95

* This was listed as a best value

This is my first time to the site, and I must say it is cool to see other people trying to beat the system to save some cash. I am coming up for the Dave Matthews Band weekend festival on Randall's Island. I really need to have this room contain 2 beds. Is there a way to tell after the order is confirmed with the hotel to get a double bed room? This is my first time trying it, but I feel hotwire can really get you a good deal. Any advice is appreciated.

I entered the information, but did not go through with a transaction. So I do not have a name for the hotel. I wanted to wait and compare my options before throwing it on my credit card. Is it better to put 3 adults on your search, because then the search would more likely get you 2 beds? I am certainly up for any other suggestions that anyone on the forum knows from experience. Thank you for your assistance.

The above hotel is most likely the Millenium UN.

If you're three people you should put three people on the reservation to ensure enough sleeping accomodations for all of you (or take the risk... but in NYC this is a higher risk than in most other areas of the country)

If one bed and a pull-out couch is acceptable i would recommend the Beekman Tower where you can get a 1BR suite for $163/nite. There is one bed in the BR and a pull-out couch in the LR... plus a full kitchen (pre-party? :) ). Here are the great reviews.

For the Beekman you will have to search for only two in the room, but the configuration of their 1BR suite is as stated above.

Let us know if that works for you.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]