help with Tkt from Lax to Morocco

xzyan
By xzyan,
in

Internationla airfare isn't my forte so perhaps others with more experience can offer some ideas, but here are my thoughts...

LAX to NYC can often be had (i think) for $300/RT.

I would keep an eye on routes from NYC to Morocco and as soon as you see a cheap price for that i would coordinate a separate RT tix from LAX to NYC. I just tried this and came up with a price of about $975 combined, so booking the 'legs' of the flight on your own might end up saving you some money.

If you do this, leave PLENTY of time to make your connection, taking into account flight delays and other potential problems. I'll continue to keep an eye out over the next few months.

You could possibly try bidding this on Priceline as well, but when you make your bid keep in mind that taxes and fees are added to the price you bid. There is a $10 off airfare link at SavingsBarn.com

(if your bid fails with LAX to CMN, you could also consider bidding for NYC to CMN and then getting the airfare on your own from LAX to NYC)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't know about Morocco specifically. But my guess is you might be looking way too early for the cheapest fares. In my limited experience, the best time to get the cheapest fares is generally about 1-3 months prior to departure. I remember reading on TOBB that there had never been any successful Priceline bids to Africa reported. There have been successful Priceline bids to Israel reported, though.

In this particular case, I might suggest consulting a travel agent. My luck (and that of some friends) has not been too great with them in the past few years, as they always suggest more expensive options than we find ourselves, but maybe you can find someone who is an expert in this region (and compare what they tell you to what your own research tells you).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]