Hotwire Hotel: 4* NYC (MTE) W New York

rbolash
By rbolash,
in

Let us know when the above bids were made... why didn't you include Downtown in the above bidding strategy if it's acceptable to you?

After you reply i would suggest using a recommended bidding strategy supplied as the above gameplan you used isn't necessarily systematic or strategic and could (although unlikely) have resulted in an overbid.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please keep all posts for this stay in the same thread.

Before we outline a strategy, it seems as if you are looking for the lowest price for a 'nice' hotel.

If that is the case, how about lowering your maximum bid and using the Beekman Tower as a back-up plan? You'll get a 1BR suite for $163/nite and the reviews are excellent... there is no booking fee, so this is equal to about a $157 priceline bid.

Let us know if this hotel would be an acceptable 'price to beat'.

The 4* Hotwire hotel you show above is believe to most likely be The Drake Swissotel.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think the point of the above was to set an upper bidding limit.

Given that the 4* on Hotiwre is priced at only $146, it would seem foolish to bid about that... so should a suggested strategy top at $145, or is there a reason you would want to bid higher than that?

Have you ever used Hotwire before?

I would prefer The Drake Swissotel deal on Hotwire over the Beekman Tower, I think. Yet, I still believe its possible to get an even better deal on Priceline with a good bidding strategy.

Could you suggest a strategy?

How could you make such a statement with two successful priceline bids?

bidding for a hotel room is kind of like fishing, you "bait the hook" in hopes that a hotel will accept your bid. In the case above, you were provided a good strategy, but no one took the bait.......you are also bidding on a 4* hotel not on an individual property.....suppose you get something else than the Drake?

I would prefer The Drake Swissotel deal on Hotwire over the Beekman Tower...
How could you make such a statement with two successful priceline bids?

I'm pretty sure robolash was refering to the Drake which is believed to be the hotel offered on Hotwire.

Since the Hotwire offer is at $146/nite, and you are eligible for the new customer coupon code 'giftcard06' for an additional $10 off per nite, we'd recommend only going as high as $135 in your priceline bidding (which may be tough to beat based upon your previously rejected bids).

This is what i would try:

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bdi zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bdi zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select UM/CPS...

Bid $115, if rejected add MTE...

Bid $120, if rejected add MTW...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135.

If rejected take the Hotwire offer above and use the coupon code provided.

Any questions feel free to ask.

I was ultimately unsuccessful with the Priceline bidding strategy listed above. I followed it exactly as described.

On the bright side, I opted for the Hotwire deal at $146 (+ $10 off with the coupon code) and was successful with the W on Lexington! I am very pleased with the outcome.

Incidentally, the property changed from that which I thought was the Drake to what I knew was the W. The price was remained $146.

The following is the detail:

Boutique Hotel, Fitness Center, Spa Services, High-Speed Internet Access, Business Center

W New York

541 Lexington Avenue

New York City, New York 10022

(212) 755-1200

Check-in: Sat, Jul 23, 2005 Check-out: Sun, Jul 24, 2005

Adults: 1 Children: 0

Upscale

1 room(s) @ $146.00 per night x 1 night(s) $146.00

Taxes and fees: $30.95

Hotel Subtotal $176.95

Additional Savings: $10.00

Total Price: $166.95

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]