Priceline Hotel: Stuck: New York (4*) 15th - 20th Sept.

porty
By porty,
in

I need help!!!

I am trying to bid for a hotel in New York (4*) 15th - 20th Sept.

Now when I tried to use priceline.com it would not let me register as my address was not in the US. I registered on priceline.co.uk so all my bids are in pounds.

For NY I have bid up to

I thought that rates for the above dates were quite high so i asked one of our merchants if they knew of any reason and it is believe (unconfirmed but appears correct) that the UN is in session during these dates... so expect rooms availabilty to be tight!

You may want to seriously consider booking the above as a back-up.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Also, I don't think you don't have to register with Priceline to use it. I always bid through Savingsbarn and NEVER sign in and have NEVER registered. Again, I think your problem may be bidding through the UK site. I think they know that Europeans are used to paying high prices or something!!! Not sure, but read my response to your San Fran post about bidding from Europe through the US site....

Good Luck....

Need more advice please!

Have unsuccessfully bid $131 for 4 star in NY for the following locations:

Midtown East

Midtown West

Midtown South

Upper Midtown

(Plus Upper Eastside & Upper Westside)

Again for 15th - 20th Sept.

Should I start bidding for 3* as don't really want to pay any more than this.

If I bid for a 3* will it be good accommodation as I have seen hostels advertised as 3* and would not want to end up in one of those.

My brother-in-law stayed at the Essex House on Central Park South aka 59th street. He bid $162. :)

When reminded about these board, he told me that Manhattan Priceline rates have shot through the roof. Gone are the days of $90 Hiltons.

FYI, hotels are fuller than ever before in NYC.

I have bid up to $130 so far without success, don't really want to spend any more than $150 a night.

Am I likely to have any success with that budget ?

Do you have any suggestions as to what we should do if we fail to have any success on priceline?

Have you already tried 3* hotels up to $130... or was that only at the 4* level?

NYC is an expensive hotel market and although the deals with Priceline are excellent, higher bids are often required when demand picks us (and there are higher prices thru conventional means as well).

From the hotels pespective: If the UN is in session, and it's the fall season when the NYC hotel market begins to come out of its summer slump, why 'give-away' hotel rooms at rock-bottom prices if it will be busy and they're likely to sell them at regular rates?

Check the HILTON website as just one example... rates for this timeframe are $400+ per nite! :)

Is SPLITTING YOUR BID an option? How about staying in NJ for part of the stay? (to save money and then be able to spend more for the NYC portion of the stay)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]