CA Orange County Hyatt Huntington Beach

bbbb
By bbbb,
in

This hotel is a steal if you can get it on PL. It is one of the nicest resort hotels I have ever stayed at and I stay at many.

I was upgraded to a full ocean view that over looked the pool and the ocean. Check-in went fast as I got to the hotel early before the holiday rush.

I got a room on the 4th floor with a king bed and they sent a roll away bed @ no charge. There was more then enough room for the roll away. The room had a huge walk in closet with a safe. The bathroom was very large with two sinks in a granite counter top. The bath floor was marble. There was a tub and a separate shower stall next to it.

The room also had a fridge under a counter as you walk into the bath. If you ask and its available they will also send a microwave to your room.Theres a small desk by the front door with a mirror for women to do hair and makeup.

The night stands are very nice wood with granite tops. The entertainment center was large with a "27 tv. The bed was very comfortable with a down comforter. There was a nice cloth chair. It also had a work desk with lamp and four plug-ins for power. It had a nice size patio as all rooms here do. The patios have a chair with small table and a lounge chair.

The carpet in my room was newer looking and not wore out.

Parking here is valet only and costs $20 per night. You have two other options here.

1st is to park at the beach and pay $10 per day. If you pick option #1 make sure you car is in the beach lot by 10:00 pm as they lock the lot and your out of luck.

2nd option is street parking on beach street. Its about a four block walk down Beach blvd in front of the rite aid store. Theres all kinds of parking meters before you get to the spaces in front of rite aid but they charge from 6 am to midnight every day.

Theres a bridge that you walk across to get to the beach,its a short 5 min walk. Downtown HB is about 15-20 min walk. You can drive but theres no free parking in the DT area,all metered or pay lots.

Everyone at this hotel goes out of their way to make sure anything you need is taken care of. Its one of the best hotel expieriences I have had in a long time.

• 3 weeks later...

We booked this hotel through Hyatt.com to get their family package. Kids rooms were discounted.

2 night stay - Thursday and Friday July 2005

Check-in was very quick (perhaps even too quick, almost dismissive) and got the rooms we had paid for and requested - partial sea view. Only problem was that the remainder of the view is of a industrial site/waste sewage plant but technically they have it right. Our rooms overlooked the tennis courts too. This is at a busy street corner but the noise level was ok when you close the patio doors.

Valet was our only option as we were on a two week road trip and we did not want to leave our luggage in the car. The $20 per night was not our gripe, more the hassle of having to wait to get your car was worse and if you need you car a few times a day, the tips add up. The property is very big and the pool was far too small for the number of people there. The Spa Grotto was a better option for us and nearer to our room. The hotel is just across from the beach but you really need your car to go into the town as it is a long walk there and back. Tried to eat at the casual dining Surf City Grille but had a long wait (despite tables being vacant) and there was a woman trying to sing at full volume just outside it and we were unwilling to put ourselves through that pain for the wait so we ordered room service, which was fine. We went down to Newport Beach and wished we had stayed there rather than Huntington Beach. Would not rush back unless it was for a great bargain. Not a bad experience but not a particularly good one either.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]