Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* FL Keys (Key West) La Concha Crowne Plaza

pinkflamingo
By pinkflamingo,
in

Hi there-

I am a little disappointed in Hotwire... I booked my trip a few weeks ago before I found this forum. I am going to Key west for 5 nights.

I paid a premium for their "4 star hotel" I chose it because I wanted a really nice place to stay. It was worth paying extra over their "3 star" hotels.

Well, I was a little peeved when I found out it was The Crowne Plaza La Concha hotel. I called and complained, because afterall, Crowne Plaza was listed on their 3.5 star hotel list examples. The cs rep gave me the run around and I just let it go. Whatever.

Anyway, I decided to look into hotwire today again to see what kind of rates they are offering for key west packages... They have downgraded my hotel to 3.5 stars- Crowne Plaza La Concha...

Do I have ANY recourse? This proves my original point that they did not assign me to a 4 star property. We are getting so close to leaving for this trip, that I dont want to make a huge fuss but I think they should be putting us up in a 4 star property (even by their definition ) because that's what we paid for.

any help?

We won this in late June. It was a 4 star property listed with these amenities:

Key West

Upscale Hotel 4 stars

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Restaurant(s)

At least one restaurant is located on the premises. Restaurant hours may vary.

Pool(s)

Property features at least one pool area. (Note: This amenity offering may be seasonal. Please check hours/availability directly with the property.)

Fitness Center

Exercise equipment is available for guest use. An additional fee may apply.

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

Guests have access to a coin-operated washer/dryer.

NOW it is listed as a 3.5 star in Key west. We paid $115 night for 5 nights.

Do you think I have any recourse?

well when is the trip anyways?

sometimes what priceline does is after booking a reservation they'll inform you they have chosen to downgrade the hotel's star rating and will offer a refund or some kind of credit,etc.

I seem to remember thereuare warning about not looking at priceline's hotel lists (non-opaque hotels) and trying to use them as a guide for what's available when you bid, and I also seem to remember him saying something similar for hotels thru Hotwire's vacation packages

when you log in to your account with hotwire does it still list your reservation as a 3.5*?

Hi there!

It still lists my reservation at La Concha as 4 stars. On the trip packages page, it lists my hotel as 3.5 stars.

I am leaving next Sunday for 5 days. I don't know if it worth fighting about because it seems like hotwire is ... ahem... lacking in the CS department from everything I have read here.

Hi there!

It still lists my reservation at La Concha as 4 stars. On the trip packages page, it lists my hotel as 3.5 stars.

I am leaving next Sunday for 5 days. I don't know if it worth fighting about because it seems like hotwire is ... ahem... lacking in the CS department from everything I have read here.

mmmm this seems like a sticky situation, what did hotwire tell you about this exactly?

Also...

Should I call them? Is hotwire better at resolutions through email or phone? I don't even know if they are open, being a holiday weekend and all...

sure, you can try both.....

if the rating had changed on your actual reservation you might have recourse....but maybe they rate differently when it's thru their vacation packages

Can you please go back to "my History" and post the details of your reservation. Please include dates of travel, the star rating (which we know has been changed) list the amenities and the price per night paid. The main purpose of this board is to post winning bids on both Priceline and Hotwire so that this information may be of benefit to others that may want to travel to this location.

I did a search for 7/16--7/21 Key West 3.5* Cust. Fav., Rest., Pool, Fitness Center, Laundry..........I'm pretty sure this is the La Concha Key West.....

it appears the hotel has been re-rated to a 3.5*...........if this is true I think you do have a recourse, I'd get on the phone, I'm sure they're open today because people have hotwire reservations for sundays and they need to call customer service, call and tell them you believe the property has been downgraded and want to know if you can get some kind of a refund or compensation

I did this in the FL section- under hotwire... was this the correct place to put this?

NOW WE ARE!

LOL thereuare just bumped us to the correct forum!!!

whew that was a fun ride!

but you should go back and edit your orginal post to list the purchase details of your trip,etc. so it will be useful to others

Everybody take a deep breath....

This isn't fraud, this isn't false advertising... it's a rating change.

If you've emailed Hotwire already and haven't back from them fast enough for your liking (how long has it been?) then call them... their customer service is actually very good.

If you call them i suspect they will 1) offer you a full refund and cancel your reservation, or 2) potentially offer you a partial refund in the form of a credit to use again on Hotwire if you keep the reservation. So i would research your options before speaking to them so you know if you want a refund or not (ie- what would you do to replace it)

Let us know what happens.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thank you! i just talked to them and they said we can either get a refund/ rebook or get a $25 credit. i am trying to decide what the best option is.

Alda :)

well make new plans if you can get new reservations thru say priceline then take the refund and if you can't make new reservations in time take the $25 credit

Hey there-

got my money back and upgraded our hotel to the Casa Marina.

:) THis is where we really wanted to stay so I am happy.

They did charge a $25 fee for the transaction of crediting my credit card back for La Concha- a rip off, but that's okay overall. I am so excited, and must give some kudos to the CS at hotwire.

I did get to use the giftcard06 code. twice! (I booked it under my name this time instead of my husband's name.

Please post a new topic with the information of yoru new purchase (hotel, star ratings, dates, price, amenities shown before purchase, etc, etc).

They did charge a $25 fee for the transaction of crediting my credit card back for La Concha...
That i would be arguing against.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hey there-

got my money back and upgraded our hotel to the Casa Marina.

:) THis is where we really wanted to stay so I am happy.

They did charge a $25 fee for the transaction of crediting my credit card back for La Concha- a rip off, but that's okay overall. I am so excited, and must give some kudos to the CS at hotwire.

I did get to use the giftcard06 code. twice! (I booked it under my name this time instead of my husband's name.

so you made your new reservation thru hotwire or something else?

I don't think they can charge you $25 for giving you a refund like thereuare said, if they REFUSE, file a chargeback against them with your credit card company and you'll most likely win.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]