Infant car seats

drmarv
By drmarv,
in

For what it is worth, most airlines allow you to check childrens car seat for free (as well as strollers). I am assuming: (1) that you are flying to West Palm Beach; and (2) that you are not buying a seat for your infant such that you are not otherwise going to need the car seat in flight. If those premises don't apply, disregard.

We almost always get a seat for our infant on the plane so we take the infant carrier onboard with us, but have always checked the base unit to our final desitnation, for free. If you are not using the carrier, you should be able to check both the carrier and base to your final desition. The airline should bag it for you and you can pick it up with your other checked luggage.

Most of the major car rental agencies have them available and typically carry sufficient inventory, but i'm sure there are situations every now and again during busy times when they have more demand than supply.

We always bring our own as it's usually fairly expense to rent thru the rental car company (as they have a captive audience) and as per above, the airlines typically allow them to be checked for free (although i was recently hit for $5 (iirc) for a large plastic bag to place our car seat in for transport (i think it was Delta if i'm not mistaken)).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I just realized that when bidding on Priceline for a rental car, under Step 4, where you enter the driver's info, there is an "Optional" section wherein you can indicate the number of car seats you need (for which you will be charged at the rental counter). If you select a car seat, it shows up the "summary" page where you click "buy my rental car." Now, I haven't read any fine print on Priceline about car seats, but this suggests to me that the company who accepts your winning bid would have available the seats you indicate you need.

Thanks for all this valuable information. As this is for my first grandchild who will be 7 months old when we will be travelling, this is all new to us, my daughter and son-in-law. He is now in a car seat that is set within a base frame that is anchored into the car. At the time of travelling he will have graduated into a larger car seat that can be seat-belted into place without an anchored base. Based upon the information provided by participants of Better Bidding, the new and larger car seat will be taken on the plane down to Florida rather than renting one from the car rental agency.

Again, thanks for this info.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]