Can I bid an pay for someones hotel room

wintertime
By wintertime,
in

I'd like to bid and pay for another persons hotel room, as a gift.

The payment will be billed to my card by Priceline, right?

I've read on another message board that most hotels ask for a

credit card on check in. The reason I want to make these

arrangements is they don't have a credit card.

There are some people that don't want or have a credit card.

Is there any area, during the bidding process where you can

add comments, like 'gift'?

thanks for any help

Elizabeth

Don't need to add detail about it being a gift - just make sure that you enter the correct name in the box that asks you for the name the room is to be reserved in. The person named there must check in (with ID). Credit cards are often used as a guarantee for extras - gives hotel security of knowing they will get paid no matter what.

I'd like to bid and pay for another persons hotel room, as a gift.

The payment will be billed to my card by Priceline, right?

yes, it will be your name for the billing information, but make sure it's THEIR name on the check-in (you'll be asked on priceline the first,middle,last name of the person checking in, BE SURE THIS IS THE PERSON'S NAME AND NOT YOURS AS YOU WON'T BE CHECKING IN BUT THEY WILL BE

I've read on another message board that most hotels ask for a

credit card on check in.

cash deposit is something I've heard some people, do but be WARNED I don't know if many hotels will accept that.....consider a debit card, or putting the charges on your credit card, or maybe if these people were Authorized Users on a credit card

but I'd be really cautious even cheap hotels usually need a credit card, I was merely listing exceptions to the rule.............consider what I said above

:)

As requested in your previous posts:

Rather than add a question to multple threads, please start a NEW TOPIC for your own stay and ask your questions in that new thread. It will help keep the board much more orderly and also help other 'newbies' see your own stay go from start to finish.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You can fill out a form that you can fax to the hotel and the party staying at the hotel can use your CC. Then at check out they can pay cash. Call the hotel,most hotels have this option.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]