Hotwire Hotel: 3* Philadelphia (Historic-Waterfront) Holiday Inn

miz3000
By miz3000,
in

this could be the Society Hill Sheraton. It is shown on the board as a 4*, but maybe the star ratings have been changed. This is my pick for the best "tourist location" hotel in Philly. With the Live 8 concert starting tomorrow at 10:00 am at the Art Museum, I am surprised that there is still availability for this hotel. Good luck. I use SavingsBarn.com to access the Hotwire website as it supports message boards such as this one. Let us know what becomes of your trip!

Looks like the Holiday Inn 3* at 4th and Arch is available for $81. Customer favorite Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Business, Laundry. The 3.5* and 4* hotels are now $164 and $168 respectively. I'd go with the Holiday Inn at this late hour if you've not already made plans.

Hey, don't beat yourself up, that is a great rate for a hotel in the best tourist parts of town, lots of folks in town to see the concert, there is another concert featuring Ruben Studdard at Penns Landing, fireworks to follow tonight, don't know if its free or not. Lots going on with the 4th of July Holiday and Live 8, free Elton John concert on the weekend (Sunday night?) Make sure to hit a few watering holes on third street, like Cuba Libre and have a Mojito.

BTW, I usually make my same day reservations with only minutes to spare. :)

miz3000,

Thanks for the follow-up and enjoy your stay.

wintertime,

Rather than add a question to multple threads, please start a NEW TOPIC for your own stay and ask your questions in that new thread. It will help keep the board much more orderly and also help other 'newbies' see your own stay go from start to finish.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

OK, I'm new to this board.

I haven't had any successful bids, but I'd like to read what others have had?

I thought a new thread would need a confirmed bid. I'm sorry I just learning.

I've already learned info from this forum.

thereuare you're doing a great job with the forum. Keep up the good work!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]