Hotwire Hotel: Help me choose an area in San Diego for a young male

thais fernandes
By thais fernandes,
in

Hi there! Once again I'm asking you to help me. Your advices were really important and helped me quite a lot in Boston and Philadelphia.

My son (22 years old) is travaling alone to California and he will meet his cousins in San Diego. I have no idea of which area of HW (and priceline, if it's possible - but I can try to find out the correspondent area in PL) to choose. I'm looking for a nice and safe neighbourhood and if it has a night life, even better!

He's traveling in the end of February (hot the weather is nice).

Thank you guys!

Others on the board are more local to the area than i am, but i think the Gaslamp Quarter zone is the 'walkable' part of the city and has nightlife. The 'problem' with PRICELINE in this zone is that they combine this 'downtown' area with Harbor Island so you can easily/often end up near the airport which is less than ideal if you're looking to stay 'downtown'... better to use HOTWIRE for the Gaslamp Quarter zone(s).

What are the date(s) of stay and budget?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too! (please click each of these links before replying, and if somebody else will be doing the actual bidding please ask them to stop by the board and click the links here for their bidding/purchase)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]