MN Minneapolis-St Paul Holiday Inn Airport - MofA

windymulder
By windymulder,
in

This hotel is conveniently located off I-35W. Check-in was pleasant enough, but when given directions to my room, they were a little murky. I was told to drive around to the back of the building and that there would be elevators to the right of the door. We walked around and ended up back at the front desk. After taking a different set of elevators to our floor, we were able to figure out which elevator to take back to our car and realized that it was hidden through the game room.

The room was nice and spacious. It was tastefully furnished and we had a view of the atrium that housed the pool. When our window was open, we could hear all of the activity going on around the pool, but the noise was stifled when our window was closed. The bathroom was also ample sized and contained the standard amenities.

There is a Green Mill restaurant located in the hotel and I thought that the food was pretty good. This Holiday Inn also offers the "Kids Eat Free" deal.

A few notes of caution-the pool was small and FREEZING! I could not stand to be in the pool and felt that it almost bordered on unusable. The hottub is also tiny and is separated from the pool. If you wanted to go from the pool to the hot tub, you had to walk through the gated fence that surrounds the pool area and go through another gate that leads to the hot tub. There is also a half-wall that blocks the view to the pool, so this made it very inconvenient for me to keep an eye on my children. I am sure that there was a reason to build the pool and hot tub separate, but it's not family-friendly.

The pool area is really the only complaint that I had about the hotel, but it was the deal breaker. My kids live for hotel pools, and when they are a disappointment, it can put a damper on the whole stay. I will do my best to avoid this hotel in the future.

• 7 months later...

I disagree with the previous poster's review, this property is just fine, pool and all. Hotel is in a convenient location, while not really that close to the airport it was easy to find and within close proximity to restaurants, etc. Check in was a breeze, no mention of Priceline and we were able to get the non-smoking room we requested. I am a ICH priority club member and while I won't earn points for this stay it did get me 15% off at the Green Mill restaurant located in the hotel and a free drink to boot. Also, my eight year old son ate for free as the case is at most Holiday Inns. The food was very good and the service was excellent. We found the pool area just fine, the pool was a nice temperature and I didn't think it was that small (perfect for us) The room was good size with two queen beds and we also had a view of the atrium (didn't really notice the noise that much) Bathroom was also good size and although the room showed a tad bit of wear, overall it was pretty decent. The hotel has free wi-fi which was another plus! I have no complaints at all and at a rate of $32 it was an especially good deal! It would stay here again, this property is usually easy to get when bidding for 2.5* in this area (mid $30 range) Forgot to mention, they do have a shuttle service to/from the Airport 24 hours a day and also to/from the Mall of America 10:00 am to 9:00 pm (you have to sign up for this ahead of time) For an inexpensive night away from home, this did the trick!

Date of stay: Today 2/4/06 Saturday night :)

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]