Hotwire Hotel: 3* Oakland - Eastbay (Berkeley - Emeryville) Hyatt House Emeryville/san Francisco Bay Area

throughtheview
By throughtheview,
in

I will be traveling up the coast with my wife and four kids this summer (Last week of July first week in August). We are camping for the first 5 days but wanted to end it with two nights in SF. I want to spend less than $100 preferably a courtyard or something like that with room for the kids. Is this feasible or just a pipe dream? I also don't want to stay in Oakland. Please let me know any suggestions that would help me make this as cost effective as possible.

Thank You

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

$100 may be difficult (and HOTWIRE would be a better choice as one can indicate four in the room vs PRICELINE, which only guarantees one bed/double occupancy), but depends on the date/s of travel (as rate/s can vary significantly from day-to-day.)

Are the date/s in San Fran confirmed? If so, what would be the desired star rating and zone/s of interest? Are you seeing any possibilities when searching on HOTWIRE?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 1 month later...

You might consider the Marin Headlands hostel, located inside a national park on the other side of the Golden Gate Bridge from San Francisco.

They have special rates for family dorm rooms. It's clean and lovely. You can drive to San Francisco or take the ferry from Sausalito. There may be other public transit options. Their website has all the info. http://norcalhostels.org/marin/rates/

As far as staying at a Courtyard-like hotel for less than $100/night... that may be tough unless you stay out in the 'burbs. Considering you're only going to be around for two days, the time you spend getting to/from San Francisco from the 'burbs might not be worth the savings. Gas, toll, parking and the aggravation of driving in San Francisco will cost you. And a BART ride from the 'burbs for six people will be pricey ($9-11/person round trip) as well. You should factor these costs into your decision-making.

You should check out the hotels in South San Francisco (near SFO airport). Those are about a 20-minute BART ride from Downtown San Francisco. I especially like the Larkspur Landing Hotel (very similar to a Courtyard, but nicer). Their 1-bedroom suites might work well for your family because the couch in the living room pulls out and is like a queen bed. They have locations in other Bay Area suburbs (Pleasanton and Milpitas) but those locations are a tad far.

Hope this helps you!

It seems like under 100 a night would be a bit rough to find in SF. Even if you do stay in SF you'll probably need to drive around to get around to different places as downtown, union square, fishermans warf, pier 39 are far apart and would be a long walk with kids and a taxi service would cost 10-15 each way. Most hotels in SF are a valet only properties. I know the Marriott in SF is $55 per night!

I would recommend staying in Walnut Creek which is a city about 25 miles from SF and only a 30-45 minute drive depending on the traffic. I work at the rennaisance clubsport valet an are usual nightly room rate is around $100 on weekends. We get mostly business people during the week who are in the east bay or SF for business. With Priceline you might be able to get 50-60 a night.

Its great for kids because we have 1 large lap and recreation and one medium kid pool both about 5 feet deep and a baby pool and a hot tub. Kids have a blast out there, I did to the summer I spent life guarding out there. It's real child friendly. There is also 2 full length basketball courses and fitness classes from yoga to tie bo to cycle going all day long. It is all included in your stay with no extra resort fee! They have poolside cabana, a resteraunt to eat, and a deli. The hotel is real small with only 175 rooms so you recieve top notch service as were consistently ranked top two hotels on are customer review score within the rennaisance brand.

Valet is $19 a night and on weekends there is free self parking off property at the garage next door.

It's only 25 miles to the city and it will cost you only $5 or $6 dollars to cross the bay bridge.and $20 to park for the day and 10 bucks on gas. Best deal if you ask me.

• 8 months later...

Hope you enjoyed your stay.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing for the stay, even if you choose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the dates of your stay, number of room/adults/children, and the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

We can then edit the topic title (and update the hotel lists if necessary) to reflect this information and enable this win to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hotwire hot Rate

HYATT house Emeryville/San Francisco Bay Area

5800 Shellmound St,

Emeryville, CA, 94608

It was $75 a night

Check-in

Fri, Jun 15, 2012

3:00 PM

Check-out

Sun, Jun 17, 2012

12:00 PM

Times are subject to change. Please confirm with the hotel.

Amenities See description

Free Breakfast Fitness Center Pool(s)

Business Center Laundry Facilities (self-service) High-Speed Internet Access

AdultsChildren

Rooms

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]