Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Atlantic City - Cape May (Atlantic City Area) Sheraton Atlantic City Hotel

dgidi
By dgidi,
in

I called Priceline and because of their better rate guarantee, they refunded me the difference and gave me $50 cash bonus toward a purchase of a future air/hotel package. They marked the record that I was eligible for an upgrade. I called the hotel directly and they gave us a suite with an adjoining room. I feel better about this.

Welcome!

First of all, don't get discouraged about overpaying for this win because PRICELINE offers The Big Deal Guarantee. PRICELINE will match the rate, issue a $25 credit to your credit card and issue you a $50 certificate towards a vacation package.

That said, you made a bidding error when you added a 3.5* after your first bid at the 4* level was rejected. You should have added a rebid zone, which is an adjacent zone where the highest rated property is less than 4*. Determining your rebid zones is important for making future bids.

As a little assignment, and in an attempt to make you a betterbidder, can you name the rebid zones in the Atlantic City area if you wanted 4* accommodations?

Atlantic City West?

Thanks for letting me know about the additional $25. they credited me on top of the difference in rate! I didn't realize PL did that and I just checked my receipt to confirm it; you're right. Now I feel even better. In the end:

Sheraton Conference Center

Atlantic City

1 King suite

1 adjoining guest room

2 nights

$96. per room/night

Saturday night, January 2012

Congratulations on your success!

While perhaps not the smoothest transaction we've seen, glad to see that with PRICELINE's Best Rate Guarantee, and extra $25 credit, that you're pleased with the deal you received.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

As a little assignment, and in an attempt to make you a betterbidder, can you name the rebid zones in the Atlantic City area if you wanted 4* accommodations?

In the Atlantic City-Cape May region, there are a total of 6 bidding zones. When bidding at the 4* level, Atlantic City West is a rebid zone, but so is Somers Point-Ocean City and Vineland-Millville. Since hotels are always added and removed, you need to determine your rebid zones for each bidding session.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]