Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Newark (Secaucus - North Bergen) Crowne Plaza

redsoxfan
By redsoxfan,
in

Just found this website today. I used to check out TOBB.com but aparently there is more information here.

I planed to drive to NYC 7/2 to 7/4 for vacation and have tried bidding on priceline for a couple weeks. I was hoping to get Hyatt Regency on Hudson (I stayed there once last year for $37). I've read posts here and understand that price has gone up. I'm willing to pay up to $80.

I've just failed the bids of 7/2-7/4, 7/2-7/3 and 7/3-7/4 with $71 today. I've seen someone here winning the bids with that price. Should I wait 72 hours and give the last try?

If Hyatt Regency couldn't works out for me, I would try some other areas in New Jersey. The best candidates for me are less than $70 with good quality, free parking and convenient transportation. Which areas should I try? Should I try Jersey City again for 2.5*.

Any suggestions will be very appreciated.

Rates are very cheap for these nites, only $129/nite at the Hyatt website... but these rates don't seem to be currently reflected with the opaque providers.

I would recommend bumping this thread a few hours before you are able to bid again so that we can have a look at current rates and gain some additoinal insight to the opaque providers (to see if perhaps their rates have come down at all). In the meaintime i would think about if you're willing to raise your bid by $10-15 or if $80 is your absoluate upper limit.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I won't hold a grudge in spite of witnessing Friday night's drubbing of the Phillies by your BoSox... :) (as well as on Saturday and Sunday) :) Hotwire is showing a 2.5* which is most likely the Candlewood suites for $111, the 2* Ramada LTD for $105, and what appears to be the 3.5* Hyatt for $266. The Candlewood has free parking and is close enough to walk to the PATH station. You might want to consider Secaucus-Meadowlands area as there is a 3* available for $91. This could either be the Crown Plaza with nearby NJ Transit Bus service to Manhattan's Port Authority Terminal or the Sheraton that has a free shuttle bus with scheduled service to a NJ Transit bus station in Secaucus; both have free parking. There's even a 2* in this zone that may be the Homewood Suites for $54; if this turns out to be the Homewood, it is close to the Sheraton.

Thanks everyone. I tried priceline again at Jersey City and Secaucus - North Bergen area, but failed up until $82. So I decided to follow dahammer's suggestion to get 3.5* for $91 at hotwire and got . The details:

Crowne Plaza Hotel Secaucus

Check-in: Sat, Jul 2, 2005

Check-out: Mon, Jul 4, 2005

2 * $91 = $182.00

Taxes and fees: $28.95

Hotel Subtotal $210.95

Thanks for everyone's help. The information was really helpful.

dahammer, don't hate me. We only hate Yankees. :)

Glad to hear of your success.

Please include the amenities shown before purchase.

You can still view these by going to Hotwire and clicking on the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page. (once you reply we'll move this thread to the Hotwire section of the board.)

Thanks, and enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]