Priceline Hotel: 3* Roanoke (North - Airport) Hyatt Place- Roanoke International Airport

krlbrgmnn
By krlbrgmnn,
in

Hyatt Place- Roanoke International Airport Roanoke North - Airport

5040 Valley View Boulevard, Roanoke, VA 24012

Room Subtotal: $47.00

Taxes & Fees: $13.04

Total Charged to Card: $60.04

*Prices are in US dollars.

Comps for this night: HW @ $56; hotel's own website @ $87 (the "20% Off Daily" rate; same price for all room types)

Bid history: Noting beforehand all the 3* winning bids in Roanoke for the last two years, reading recent successful bid histories, crossing this against HW's 3* prices for this city on this night, and observing that Roanoke still has only 4 zones and only two of those have up to 3* level, I then bid as follows -

bid #1: 3*, $44, North-Airport

bid #2: $45, +Tanglewood

bid #3: $46, +Salem (free rebid)

bid #4: $47, +Troutville (free rebid)

If I'm not mistaken, this is a new record low price for this hotel. My guesstimation prior to bidding was that BB members had not attempted the odd price, sticking w/ even increments of $46 and jumping to $48, so I might wind up @ $47 and shave a buck if I lucked out and ran through all four zones. Thus, this 3* price appears to be the bottom for this hotel and possibly this area/city. Had I failed today, I would've waited the PL-required 24 hours and returned to PL tomorrow to "ladder up" again from probably a price of $47 or $48.

I began my purchase/bidding process using BB's PRICELINE link. Please do the same for yours.

Nicely researched!

Thanks for sharing your win with the board and using the PRICELINE links here.

You mention that you bid today, but your topic title indicates dates in the past (11/22/11-11/23/11)... i've edited to indicate a December stay, can you please confirm that this is correct?

Thanks again and enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]