Priceline Hotel: 2.5 * Winston Salem

candzpac
By candzpac,
in

Bid 28$ for Winston-Salem West 2.5*...Rejected...added Winston-Salem 2.5* bid 33$ rejected...I did not add W-S North. I do not want to venture that far from I-40. Are my bids too low? Need strategy for this area after waiting out my 72hrs. I am bidding for July 8 one night stay. Thanks candzpac

I am using W-S as a halfway point. (traveling with 2 children). I looked at TOBB site and they report a La Quinta and ExStayAm as a 2* in WS West. La Quinta seems to be active with PL in other area NC markets. Do you think I should drop down to 2* and bid around $30-$35. The best rates I could get in the area was $57 at a Holiday Inn full service. La Quinta wanted $67. The La Quinta looks nicer than the Holiday Inn and they have a comp. bfst. Trying to save as much as possible. I dont know if $20 savings is worth the PL gamble (smoking room, single bed)?

candzpac

You have to weight the savings vs. the possible hotels you might get.

It may be worth the risk to some, but not to others. When you start to bid the 2* range more 'extended stay' type properties come into play and, in my opinion/experience, is where may of the "only one bed available" issues often come into play.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

In March of 2004 I hit the La Quinta you speak of for something like $33. I needed a nonsmoking room with two beds and was accommodated without a problem. The property was a solid 2* and the breakfast was nice to have. YMMV.

I've also stayed just west of Greensboro (whatever zone that is -- there are a bunch of shopping centers and things in the area and it was closer to G'boro than W-S) through PL once. Don't remember the details as well but the place was right off I-40 and OK.

Bid of $36 on a W-S west 2* not accepted. PL did counter with a $9 raise...thought about splitting the difference at 39$ but didnt...after PL tax and fees this would have put me over $50. On my own was quoted $57 at a Comfort Suites using a NC state empl. rate.

Thanks for the help and I cant wait to PL again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]