Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* London (The City) Club Quarters Gracechurch

jprof
By jprof,
in

Can anyone give me a guess on what the 3.5-star hotel in the City section of London is? It is coming through as a best value for $95. Amenities are: Restaurant(s), High-Speed Internet Access, Business Center, Laundry Facilities (self-service). My dates are July 1 and 2, 2005.

Have you tried cross-checking with the Packages feature? I would have guessed Crowne Plaza the City, but the Packages feature says this is only a 3*. Maybe it is Holiday Inn King's Cross. Or it could be a Thistle. I'm sure there are other possibilities.

I think that every Laundry icon in Europe is wrong on Hotwire, because it's extremely rare to have self-service laundry facilities in European business-class hotels.

See my post in the priceline section. I got the Melia White House for 105 on hotwire. Posted it there because nobody reads this forum. This is 4* property in Marble Arch. I checked recently though, and I see it's up to 126. But if you get 4* on hotwire London/Marble Arch, with the amenities listed, it's could be the Melia

Well your post has now been moved to the proper category which is the Hotiwre forum.

I disagree with your comment that "nobody reads this forum" as the OP was answered by three different users. For a message board to be useful it requires organization, and that includes having posts properly categorized where people should expect to find them. This area of the board doesn't have many posts as of yet because Hotwire offering hotels in Europe is fairly new, and so far they have not been as competitive as other sources... but to post in another area i don't thinks helps matters any.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I, too, thought at first that it might be the Crowne Plaza, then realized the number of stars was wrong. So I tried cross-checking with the Packages feature, as Will Travel suggested. That turned up the Club Quarters Gracechurch as a 3.5* in the City with the following amenities matching those I'd found:

Restaurant(s), High-Speed Internet Access, Business Center, Laundry Facilities (self-service)

I had already had a go at Priceline, following this strategy (and knowing it was optimistic, given that Live 8 will be going on while we were in London):

Bid $75 for 4* in Westminster

Was counteroffered $131

Bid $82 and added the City

Bid $85 and added London Bridge

Bid $90 and added Mayfair/Soho

So I accepted Hotwire's $95 bid for a 3.5* and got the Club Quarters Gracechurch, as thereuare predicted.

I know it's a quiet neighborhood on the weekend -- and I was sorely tempted to try to score the Melia. But I'm delighted that the Club Quarters seems to be walking distance to Liverpool Street Station, from which my mother and I must take a train at -- gasp! -- between 4:30 and 5 a.m. July 3 to make a 7:40 a.m. flight out of Stansted.

Thanks for all your help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]